“EXCELLENT FOOD, CRAPPY WAITRESS”

Pelican Bay Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pelican Bay Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 161 Restaurants in Providenciales
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pelican Bay delights our guests with an exceptional all-day dining delicacies; Authentic Caribbean Dinner menu; Our Sunday Jerk Fiesta Dinner with live entertainment is a Turks & Caicos MUST DO! Dont miss our Friday Bambarra Beach Party and Local Fish Fry Wednesday.THE BEST LOCAL FOOD ON GRACE BAY !
Reviewed 30 May 2018

05/26-29/2018 Penne Alfredo w/chicken $21, it was DELICIOUS a British woman waited on us and was very friendly, she seemed to be the manager. Food temperature was extremely hot EVERY time, made food taste even more delicious, garlic bread, delicious, bottled water $3 (ouch), views are of the pool and their garden with various botanical beauties. Place is usually empty with PLENTY of tables to choose from ALWAYS. No music just the breeze and chat of few other tenants.

Dinner: Asparagus Risotto - $22 OVERPRICED and TOO herby, strongly disliked, ate half and discarded rest.

Marguerita pizza delicious!!

JERK night: delicious ribs! Even more delicious catch of the day $34 Grilled Red Snapper OMG 5 stars on this fish, excellent presentation, delicious all around.

Mimosas $13 overpriced but w/lots of alcohol, presented plainly in a glass with little orange juice. Piña Colada $10, watery with lots of alcohol, tasted good but wait for happy hour 2x1 between 5-7pm daily.

Breakfast pastries $6 includes: 1 chocolate muffin, 1 pecan/oatmeal muffin, 1 toasted english muffin, delish.

Ordered a $9 ham & cheese croissant with omelette VERY HOT don't burn your tongue but delicious, worth the money brings a lot of food and delicious breakfast potatoes such flavor!

Don't recommend Chef Peter's Egg McMuffin $10 no big deal just bread, bacon, omelette in a muffin.

Staff:

DEREK 5 stars EXTREMELY kind, generous, attentive, request him EVERY TIME if possible, great conversation, great recommendations in the island.

SONIA 0 stars RUDE thinks you're a child at her dinner table and if she could spank you she would. If the food hadn't been so delicious I would never eat here again bc of her attitude. I came in for a late lunch at 4pm, restaurant EMPTY only 1 couple was there, I wanted to sit on a circular table that yes fit 5 but the entire place which had over OVER 30 tables was EMPTY she forced me to choose a table for 2/4 to leave the circular table in case a bigger party came along. Mind you this was outdoors! Restaurant has 10 tables inside, 10 outside and 5 by the pool and easily 10 by the bar! Because my dress was partially wet she chose a table by the pool on less comfortable chairs unless I went to my room or to the beach to grab a towel, which had no cushions. Note I was NOT dripping wet, I was dry and part of my lower dress in the front was wet. Ok fine this is BRUNCH 3pm no worries. She was flat out rude the entire time but I smiled and I reflected how I felt on my tip. They always include a mandatory 10% service charge in every check and honestly that's all she got not for her awful service, she deserved zero, but for the others working the kitchen making my food. AVOID SONIA.

It was a pleasure to always give Derek 20%+ in tips.

Curly haired blonde British woman (manager? hostess?) she served on us a couple of times was VERY nice too! Always checking on us and ensuring we had excellent service.

The bar is rowdy and literally side by side the restaurant, since the restaurant has very low music or no music I don't recommend this for a romantic dinner UNLESS you go on the jerk night when they have live music which consists of one guy playing an electric guitar some jazz music until 9:30pm then it's dead silence.

TIP: Do visit this restaurant bc their food is delicious, DO go for happy hour 2x1 from 5-7pm, Do avoid Sonia at all costs, and if possible request Derek! Do go on jerk night Sunday prior to 930pm so you get yummy eats and music DO order dessert with your dinner bc at 10pm they close the kitchen without mention and you will miss dessert completely.

no air conditioning just fans so dress accordingly.

1  Thank MiamiGirl247

Reviewed 24 May 2018

definitely go here on a sunday where they feature a jerk menu and live music. The service is very good and the jerk chicken is nothing short of amazing. The johnny cakes were a bit bland but the jerk items are a must!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Pelican Bay restaurant has some of the worst costumer service staff since I can remember. Very rude waitresses. Don't waste your time or money.

2  Thank Dwayne R
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Happy hour at the Pelican Bay Bar is decent enough, but could be happier. The service is varied, and our waitress was particularly dour. Really? Happy hour? Would you want to come back? What does a smile cost?

1  Thank Wilkolima
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Located inside the Royal West Indies hotel, you can park at their parking lot or go down by the side street and park at the end (I think that is closer).

Sunday lunch service was so slow, it took us 20 minutes to get water, and another 20 to get our food. By then, my old shoe would if tasted amazing. 10 more minutes to get our bill, I gone out of my mind. The took island time too literally.

The food is decent, they do give you lots of crispy bacons with your breakfast.

The rest of the food we tried are ok. But with slow service and not the most friendly staff (not rude, just slightly indifferent). Not a view of the beautiful ocean (less than 1 minute walk away, and it's BEAUTIFUL). We only go there for breakfast in the morning because we are staying here. Then head out for the other 2 meals.

This hotel has an amazing friendly helpful staff everywhere else. I would do a full review after we leave.