“January 26, 2012”

La Vista Azul Resort
Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The room was nicely appointed and the grounds were clean, however, the service that you receive at a hotel, ie ability to order food and drinks while at pool or beach is not an option. We are traveling with a 3 year old, so the ablilty to get him french fries without leaving the beach or pool is a must :) There are a couple of eating options in walking distance, but we were not all that impressed with them except for Green Bean's breakfast. I suggest you rent a car if you stay here. When I travel, I rather not rent cars, I don't mind taking cabs, but we found our selves depending on our taxi driver who happened to be a really great guy to do everything. The typical crowds that you usually find on caribbean islands are not that bad in Turks Caicos, so I really would not mind staying in the Grace Bay area which is where the bulk of hotels and restaurants are located. We are going back to Turks and Caicos for sure, as we found the beaches beautiful. Check out Taylor Bay and Sapodilla Bay which have beatiful beaches that are very peaceful and the water is shallow enough for my 3 year old to walk about a 100 yards into the water.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrkayem

Reviewed 12 January 2012

The La Vista Azul is private, located close to Turtle Cove, 10 min. walk to the beach, 3 km to IGA grocery. Great location if you have a car. Taxis are available, though expensive.

This property is small, private and new, it is not near other resorts. Highly recommended if you don't want to be part of the "tourist herd". You must be able to climb stairs, no elevators. There are two very small 7-11 type convenience stores onsite that also sell liquor. There is ample parking onsite. The upper level common area have deck chairs, small swimming pool and hot /warm tub.

The front desk staff were very courteous. Bianca worked very hard to get us a rental car after Thrifty's overbooked and would not honour our reservation.

Pros- Free WiFi, large balcony with comfortable furniture, spectacular oceanview, central A/C, washer/dryer.

Cons- Extra person surcharge excessive for a dreadful sofabed. Both microwave and dishwasher (each new) didn't work and couldn't be fixed during our stay.

The one bedroom suites are suitable for 1-3 people, the sofabed mattress is dreadful and needs to be replaced ASAP, the queen bed was very comfortable. There is lots of closet space, two bedsidetables but no dresser drawers.
The kitchen has a large fridge and stove with lots of cupboards, it could use a few more cooking/kitchen dishes such as salad bowl tools and some plasticware.
The bathroom with shower only is bright and large enough.
The living area has a big screen TV, a sofa, 2 chairs and coffee table.
The balcony is large and inviting.

While I recommend the Turks and Caicos as a relaxing sun destination, be advised that it is a more expensive Caribbean destination than several other islands that offer a comparable experience.

Room Tip: second and third floors have oceanview
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank L K L
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My friends and I stayed at this resort for the first time and loved it! It's spacious, quiet, great views and walking distance to both Smith's Reef and Bight's Reef, which have great snorkeling spots. It also has free parking if you have a rental car, which we had and would highly recommend getting if you're staying at La Vista. TC overall is a pretty expensive island so my friends and I ended up going to the IGA grocery store (5 mins away by car from the condo) to buy groceries instead of eating out for every meal. La Vista also gives you a cell phone that you can use throughout your stay at TC... and you can call international long distance for free from the front desk!

As for areas of improvement... water temperature in the shower is lukewarm and not that hot especially if you are taking a shower in the evening. I guess in the summer months this doesn't really matter, but since we went during the winter where temps averaged around the 70s and can dip as low as mid-60s, it would be nice to have access to fairly hot water in the shower. Also, the condo provides free snorkeling gear but we didn't think that the gear was of any quality -- you're better off renting one from a nearby dive shop or bring your own to be comfortable.

Otherwise, if you're looking for a quiet place to stay with great value... definitely pick this place! We would come back :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jcl157
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We recently stayed at La Vista Azul in Providenciales on a six day getaway to Turks and Caicos. The hotel is excellent and conveniently located at Turtle Cove which is a ten minute drive from the airport. La Vista Azul is a new construction so the hotel, rooms and all the amenities are top notch and in brand new condition. We stayed in a studio with views of the ocean. Rooms are spacious and include a fully equipped kitchen and large patio with sweeping views of the beach and the ocean. We enjoyed using the two Jacuzzi’s and swimming pools located on the rooftop. Views from the pool area are spectacular. The closest beach access is approx. a five minute walk and the hotel offers all snorkeling equipment, beach towels and umbrellas. The staff at the hotel are extremely helpful, knowledgeable of all the activities the island has to offer and more than willing to make any reservations for guests. Although the hotel does not have any restaurants currently, there are about 7 restaurants located within a 5 minute walk. Would highly recommend the Sharkbite restaurant for their fresh seafood, courteous service and great views of the marina. Look for Keith the bartender who would make you some refreshing cocktails and also give you a knowledgeable history of the island.
La Vista Azul is located at a seven minute drive from the Grace Bay beach where most of the hotels/restaurants are located. Grace Bay beach is also the major beach of Provo and the place to hang out all day. We had rented a car to move around on the island and this worked out very convenient for us to move to and from Grace Bay beach. Would recommend guests staying at the Vista Azul to rent a car/bike as well. Overall, our stay in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos was excellent and La Vista Azul played a role in making it special.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floors have ocean views
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rishabh K
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Although I have never stayed at La Vista Azul, I felt the need to put feedback about my interaction with their staff via email/phone. This interaction ultimately led me to stay elsewhere. I contacted La Vista Azul via email to see what they had for availability. I was told there was availability for my stay and they gave me a price quote for the entire stay. I told them I was interested in booking with them, and was told to call them to book (didn't feel comfortable just emailing my credit card number). Once I called them to confirm this they asked for my credit card. I verified what was being charged, and they gave me a completely different price quote. Keep in mind I had emailed this woman on three different occasions to clarify and verify availability and pricing. She stated that the price quote was now approx $1000 more than what was stated. I told her that she had emailed me the price quote, and felt that it should be honored. She told me that she "thought someone else had used her email, and sent me the incorrect prices". I asked how and why someone would do that, but got no answer. She then told me she would be emailing me the new correct prices. She never did, and I ended up emailing her back to remind her that I was waiting, and was hoping that she could speak with her manager as to how this should be resolved. Finally heard back, but was disappointed that the original quote would not be honored. I am only happy that I figured this all out before I was standing there in front of them on my vacation, with an extra $1000 charge I hadn't expected.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple