My husband, myself and our 10 year old daughter stayed in Room 3310 from Aug. 13 - 19. If you're interested in a FABULOUS Ocean view, this room and it's HUGE balcony were amazing!!! The entire condo was more than what we expected. We had 2 bathrooms (1 with washer/dryer), Large Master BR, beautiful kitchen with granite counter tops, breakfast bar, stainless steel appl, fully loaded with pots, pans, dishes etc., Large LR with a sleeper sofa for our daughter. There are 4 sets of sliding glass doors leading out to the very spacious screened in balcony. Whenever we were in the condo, we were on the balcony 95% of the time....
The resort itself is very well maintained, clean and easy to get around. The beach and ocean were spectacular!!!! This is our 5th island and all agree that the water itself was the prettiest we've ever seen! Every morning we started our day by staking out our Tiki Umbrella for the day.....there was always plenty and never ever felt we were "on top" of any other guests, quite frankly, the beach never had more than 20 people or so at any given time. The sunsets are gorgeous right there on the beach or from Hemingway's. Speaking of Hemingway's, we did not have one bad meal!!! I highly recommend the blackened salmon for dinner and the sweet chili steak salad for lunch. The wait staff is hit or miss....some (mostly the men) were very friendly and some -- not so much. We started to get used to it and realized it's the same wherever we went on the island. No biggie, certainly didn't put a damper on our trip, just thought I should mention it.
We would also recommend taking the short walk into town. About 15 mins., 20 mins to the grocery store. We had Pizza Pizza for dinner along with homemade ice cream from Island Scoop downstairs -- both were delicious!!!! Our best dinner (food, atmosphere, wait staff, etc.) was at Coco Bistro. Wish we went back for a second time!!! Make your reservation to coincide with the sunset, truly and amazing, magical experience!!! Just and FYI, the 4 nights we walked into town, we walked along the sidewalk on our way, then on the way back we entered one of the many "beach access" roads and walked back along the beach. Was really nice that way and if we got too hot, we cooled off in the ocean....
The snorkel excursion was fun -- I think the advertisement on the boat and literature in brochure mentions "glass bottom boat", it's not. Still was fun and worth the $$, just don't have your heart set on a glass bottom boat. We had freedom to snorkel for as long as we wanted in three separate spots along with diving for sand dollars. The guys that run the boat are entertaining and they keep the rum punch flowing!!! along with finishing your excursion with a fresh Conch salad. I admit, I chickened out from eating the raw Conch, but my hubby and all others seemed to really enjoy it.
All in All, if and when we go back, we would book the exact same room and probably buy more food from the local grocery store in town for breakfasts and lunches. Yes, the grocery store is expensive but compared to eating just about every meal out, it would have saved us some $$. No regrets! We didn't have a bad meal between us the entire trip, we would just consider packing a few lunches to take with us to the beach every day. Hope this helps if you were considering staying at the Sands!!! and Enjoy if you do!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales