Just got back from spending ten fantastic weeks at The Sands Resort. We have chosen to stay at The Sands for the last few years. We've explored other condo options on Grace Bay, but The Sands will be our choice again next year. We just love the accommodations, service, casual atmosphere of this resort and its central location.
We choose to stay in an oceanview studio suite. Perfect for us to have breakfast and lunch in then we enjoy dinner out most evenings. Grocery shopping which is located in the main shopping center of GraceBay is just a 15-minute comfortable walk on the sidewalk. There are many restaurant options within this 15 minute walk. A couple of our favorites are Bella Luna and Upstairs Bar and Grill. Also just a 5-minute walk west on the beach to “Bay Bistro” and 10-minute walk to “Mango Reef.” We also love these two restaurants but there are many other within walking distance. Other nice dining options are in Turtle Cove when we would take a taxi which is approximately $12 one-way for two persons. We take a flashlight with us for our evening walks to restaurants. Never encountered any safety or security problems.
We have been most satisfied with the housekeeping service, management, concierge, and beach attendants. Each year staff is great and most accommodating. We are also very happy with the furniture, screened in balcony, kitchen accommodations, etc. Each suite has its own hot water tank so no problem there…
If any electrical or plumbing problems should arise, a call to the front desk and they will be attended to immediately. Have never had to use the a/c because we open the sliding doors to the screened balcony at night plus our front door has a transom which provides a through draft. Suites also have central fans. We appreciate the computers and printer available in the hospitality suite. Also in the hospitality suite is a fitness center, spa, large ice machine and TV. Wireless connection is good.
No matter which of the 6 buildings you choose, you can easily walk barefoot in a minute or two to the beach.
Beach front is expansive, spectacular and immaculate (raked daily early am). Free snorkel gear, kayaks, paddle boards, hobies, bikes, tennis courts for registered guests. Hot tub for adults in the pool area. The pool area is expansive and has umbrellas and comfortable loungers. We sit in that area sometimes when it gets windy! The rest of the time we are on the beach.
Weekly cocktail party around the pool for owners and registered guests is lots of fun--drinks, snacks and live music.
Onsite restaurant, Hemingways, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hemingway's
had great food and service, indoor and outdoor seating, and a spectacular view of the ocean and sunset. Again, casual and relaxing.
Snorkeling at Bight Reef is a 30-minute walk west on the beach. Fun to walk by all the other resorts including Beaches on the way.
Weather cooperated fully this year. We were there all of February and March. Swimming and snorkeling in the beautiful ocean, sitting/reading in the sun and walking the beach at sunrise every day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales