My husband and I just returned from a 2wk stay at the Sands. From our seamless check-in (with our complimentary rum punch) to check-out we had a great vacation. Grace Bay is simply breathtaking. We took advantage of the complimentary snorkel gear daily. So amazing to find huge star red star fish, conch, sand dollars and a sting ray right off the beach in front of our chairs. The water is so calm, very little seaweed, and resort offers lots of fun water toys for all. We had no problem getting beach chairs and even umbrellas when we needed them. Beach towels always plentiful. Pools and grounds very well maintained, and on tues nights around the pool they have a managers night with complimentary snacks, beer and rum punch.
Having Hemingways as a close option for meals that you could charge to your room was great. It was so freeing not having to carry around cash or ccards all the time. The resort has a taxi for $9 to the local IGA daily 9am and 6:30pm where you can even get your alcohol. We booked an excursion right at the resort where the beach towel hut is. They were great and it was a decent price. They picked us up and dropped us off on the beach right in front of the resort.
We got a great deal on Jetsetter for a 1bdrm courtyard view room that includes kitchenette, mini fridge, microwave, and stand up shower. Our little condo was in average condition with average decor. It was nice - nothing horrible nothing special either but definitely no view of anything. Our room was very clean no bugs, plenty of towels, and the a/c worked great. Really this type of room is a connecting condo to a larger one separated by a locked door. In honesty we heard the family next door so clearly and all of their personal issues. With this said the two of us really didn't spend much time in the room during the day and at night we made our dinner reservations at a time that they seemed to need more privacy. When we came back they were all in bed so we would literally whisper and keep the tv volume low in hopes that they couldn't hear us. While at first this was odd we didn't let it impact our trip and after a few days we just didn't even think about it any more. This may be important to some that don't want to whisper or who make dinners in their room often and didn't want feel that they are on someone else's vacation...
Staff was amazing always hard working, smiling, and willing to help. In fact everyone on TCI was so friendly it made us feel safe and really welcome to share their island. Three restaurants that made our stay so special and are easy to get to were Coco Bistro, Coyaba, Lemon Cafe.
In general we noticed that this resort was mostly made up of families. We really lucked out because all of them were great and very respectful of other guests around them. If you are looking for more of a scene than this may not be the place for you. For us it was perfect for what we were looking for... a quiet and clean spot to enjoy paradise, read a book and have a little splash of adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales