We just got back from our Spring break trip at the West Bay Club and had a Fabulous time! There were 8 of us staying in the 4 bedroom suite. I have to say the suite was beautiful and huge! I could have gotten lost in there. It is actually 5 bedrooms, if you count the den which had a hide-a-bed couch, its own tv, sink and mini fridge. Beautiful beachfront view! The room was very well appointed, clean, and beautifully decorated. Very reasonably priced for what we got. Greeted us with free rum punch at check-in. The staff at the hotel was awesome, especially the beach crew! There were 10 of us total (2 ppl staying in another room) and after the first day, when we went out to the beach, the beach attendants recognized us and took us over to others in our party. Set up chairs, towels, took drink orders, brought us free watermelon snacks. One day they even had 10 chairs & towels lined up and ready for all of us when we got to the beach! Great service! They also took my husband and daughter out on a hobie cat ride, and taught them how to use the paddle boards. The West Bay Club is on a great stretch of beach that isn't too crowded like some of the other places down the beach.
I've seen people complain about the free breakfast here... really people? It's free. The breakfast was perfectly fine, Bagels, pastries, cereal, fruit, coffee, juices, etc... it was plenty for us to grab a quick bite before we headed off to the beach. The pool area wasn't as extravagant as say... the Gansevoort, but I really don't know why people would spend time at any pool when you have the beautiful beaches and crystal clear water just steps away? Isn't that the reason you traveled to Turks and Caicos in the first place? If you stay here, walk down the beach to "Somewhere" at the Coral Gardens for lunch or dinner. They have drink specials every day... mojito monday, tequila tuesday, etc... with half price drinks, and great fish tacos! Some of our other favorite places to eat: Magnolia Wine Bar (great food and view, definitely go here) Mango Reef, (great food and atmosphere) The Shark Bite (try the almond crusted grouper, mmmm good). Hemingways was good also. Went to Las Brisas for lunch, beautiful view of Chalk Sound!
If you are traveling here, I would definitely rent a car to get easily to restaurants, as they are spread out over the island. And also so you can take a trip to the other side of the island to visit Taylor Bay beach...one of the most beautiful places I've been! Head to the "downtown" area and hit the salt mills area, there are some cute little shops there for souvenirs that have more than your normal keychains, shot glasses, and t-shirts. Came home with some local artwork which I love. Don't forget to visit Potcake Place in the Salt Mills shopping area, cute little homeless potcake puppies looking for a new home! Danny Buoys was a fun night spot, with karaoke on Tuesday night, all the locals are friendly and welcoming! Husband had fun at the casino playing poker. Go watch the sun set from the infinity bar at the Grace Bay Club with one of their yummy martinis! Oh and don't forget the Conch Shack! Great beach bar, great rum punch, and live music on Sunday afternoons!
Driving on Provo was interesting, and a little scary... yes they drive on the left, but that really wasn't the problem...there aren't any stop signs or lights on the island, just a bunch of round-a-bouts and crazy drivers. We rented a car from Grace Bay Car rentals, which got good reviews online, but I would probably look elsewhere next time. The cars were pretty run down and I always wondered if we would make it from one location to another without breaking down. The car my sister rented was two different cars pieced together, one brand on the front, one brand on the back? Both cars had well over 100,000 miles on them. There were cars from other rental companies I saw while driving that looked to be in a little better shape than what we had. Oh, one more thing, there are mosquitos that come out on the island at night, so bring mosquito repellent, and keep the screen closed in your room after dark :)
Definitely will be back to the island and to the West Bay Club! Thanks for the great Vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Bay Club blends the warmth and comfort of home with the amenities and service of the finest resorts at our celebrated location on the widest stretch and tranquil west end of Turks & Caicos' award-winning Grace Bay Beach. Our all-oceanfront suites and serene setting combine to create the perfect environment for relaxation. Personalized, handmade experiences are crafted each day by our devoted staff, so guests' visits to our luxury boutique property become cherished, lifelong memories. Suites all include oceanfront terraces, full kitchens, ensuite baths and expansive living space, making West Bay Club's luxurious, comfortable accommodations the ideal backdrop for a Caribbean getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales