“Disappointing - i don't get the hype?”
Review of Bay Bistro

Bay Bistro
Ranked #25 of 145 Restaurants in Providenciales
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
london
“Disappointing - i don't get the hype?”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My husband and i ate here last night and were really looking forward to it after reading such encouraging reviews and chatting to a few other visitors. It was really disappointing. The quality of the food was poor - every dish was over seasoned, drowning in salt and sauce. I don't understand why they can't serve clean fresh food. It's an insult to the fish! If you appreciate fine food, don't expect to get it here. It will however appeal to the unsophisticated palate.

• Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

CT
“Excellent food and views -- both Breakfast and Dinner”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We walked here twice in the morning for breakfast and once for dinner. I'm very glad I read the reviews here first because if not, we may have skipped this place. Not that it looks bad, but it's set in one of the smaller hotels and doesn't appear to be anything special -- it's just a little place with white plastic chairs set on a deck overlooking the beach. It's casual but it will surprise you with excellent food and service to go along with the view.

At breakfast, our server was taking care of several tables, running back and forth, all with a huge smile and never missed a beat. They leave you an entire pot of coffee and the food is unexpectedly good. Recommend the omelettes. Don't forget the view.

For dinner, we asked to be seated down by the tiki torches. It's a perfect way to spend an evening. Great views, service and good food again. Highly recommend having at least one meal here.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank samry19
Ontario, Canada
“BEST dinner in Turks”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Dinner right on the beach - ask for table on raised deck near the waves. My husband loved the lobster and the rack of lamb was absolutely wonderful! Chefs are very friendly, servers top notch -warm welcoming environment - would highly recommend!

Visited February 2012
“Romantic dinner. Best crime brûlée ever”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Sat outside and despite tiki torches did get bit a few times but not a big deal. After going to many of the top restaurants in Turks and Caicos this place ranked one of the best for service. Every one was polite and attentive. The conch wontons were amazing not too oily and very tasty. By bf liked his coffee crusted tuna ceviche. I ordered the grilled lobster special for my main and my bf got the grouper. I was surprised and excited to have three lobster tails served to me but alas only one was grilled to perfection. The other two were overlooked and dry. My bf had the same creamy mashed potato and perfectlynal dente vegetables. He liked his fish as I did my one perfectly good tail but wanted a little more seasoning, dessert was a hit with the best crime brûlée I have ever had and my bf enjoying his homemade ice cream of coconut and coffee &kahlua.

Visited February 2012
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I ate at Bay Bistro our first night on the Island. The food was superb, we started off with the princess conch crepe which is a must have. For dinner i had the blackened tuna which is the best tun i have ever had. My husband had groupee which he thought was good but was more impressed with the tuna i ordered. The host was very nice as well he came and checked on us a couple of times.