All reviewsthe kitchenoverlooking the gardenswimming poolgolf courseclintonsamuelmrparadisehostmonicabirdspropertyvillabedroomsurroundingsbeaches
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We have travelled to Hibiscus Villas as a family on numerous occasions, most recently in April 2017 with our five year old son - in fact, it was my fourth visit there and my wife's eighth at last count!

The location is idyllic, up Mount Irvine, about 2 miles from the main Shirvan Road/Mount Irvine Beach/Golf Course, set in spacious quiet secluded gardens with lush tropical vegetation, including banana and cocoa trees, birds of paradise and hibiscus, with an array of colourful birds such as hummingbirds, mot mot and cocorico. I think a car is needed to fully benefit from the location.

The villa, pool and complex are immaculately maintained by owners Clinton and Monica and loyal cleaner, Roxanne, who has been there a number of years and cleans on an almost daily basis. An example of the immaculate maintenance of the property is that, after our visit this year (and the busy Easter period), just after we left, Clinton and Monica had arranged for the pool to be drained and cleaned and refurbishment and painting to be carried out, whilst they were a few days without guests.

We usually stay in the two bedroom cottage, which has two comfortable ensuite bedrooms and a shared kitchen with all the appliances and facilities needed for a holiday, along with a spacious balcony with a table for dining and lots of comfortable seats and sofas. We have also stayed in the adjacent two bedroom apartment, which is similarly comfortable and has a great large balcony area with ample kitchen facilities and furniture outside overlooking the pool, and the one bedroom studio, which is smaller, but very comfortable and ideal for couples. All of the apartments are as shown and described on the villas' website - if anything the website does not do the location and facilities justice.

There is a pool, which Clinton cleans daily, in the lovely garden setting with plenty of sun loungers and you can be satisfied about security with an automated and secure gate to the property.

The lovely location and excellent facilities are great enough, but the best things about Hibiscus Villas are the hosts who we regard not just as wonderful hosts but friends. So much so that we came to Tobago three years ago to get married and had the pleasure, not only of Clinton, Monica and Roxanne attending our wedding ceremony on Graton Beach and sharing some wonderful memories with them, but our whole family taking over the entire complex with some of us staying in Clinton and Monica's house, with them decamping to the studio for three weeks, which made for an unforgettable holiday and special time.

Clinton and Monica can't ever do enough for us (and all of their guests) from the moment we arrive to a friendly welcome and a fridge and kitchen stocked with groceries to the moment we leave which we always dread.

We couldn't recommend Hibiscus Villas enough and have already booked our holiday for 2018 there and look forward to seeing Clinton, Monica and Roxanne again next year!

Craig, Paula and Barnaby

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful place set in lush well kept gardens filled with flowers and birds. It's tranquil and relaxing. The villas are well cared for and I have never met such amazingly attentive hosts. Thank you so much for a fantastic week.
Our 11 year old especially enjoyed the pool which is very clean and well maintained.
We rented the apartment which is two bedroomed overlooking the pool. The kitchen and dining area is outside, which is breezy and has a verandah overlooking the garden. We could watch hummingbirds whilst eating breakfast.
The property has an automated gate and feels very secure.
Mt Irvine beach is close by but you will need a car if you are staying here.
A bit difficult to find at first but ask for directions from Clinton or follow the signs for kimme museum.
This one of the loveliest places I have stayed.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I visited this place with my brother just before Carnival this year. Mr. Samuel and his staff handled everything in a very professional way. He went way above and beyond his call of duty to ensure that we were safe and comfortable. He is a gracious host. The rooms are beautiful, exceptionally clean and the entire surroundings are peaceful. One can relax and recuperate, since here one is very far away from noise and daily disturbances. Beaches are also nearby. But one can also use the swimming pool.
I would definitely recommend this place and look forward to staying here again :)

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and very sunny :)
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2017

To whom this may concern,
I must say this place was a huge disappointment to my friends and I. Firstly the accommodation was nothing like it appeared to be from Photos and reviews of the premises. My friends and i took the 2 bedroom pool view suite.

My first issue before i even entered the room was that the Kitchen was on the balcony. Yes thats right no enclosure or separate room for the kitchen, this meant our supplies and goceries were available to public if one wished to be dearing and strolled up into our balcony. I should mention though, the place seemed safe enough and the other guests mostly kept to themselves.

The two bedrooms shared one bathroom which is built between the rooms with sliding doors on each side. The doors kept popping out of their rails and proved to be very unsafe. The bedroom in which my partner and i stayed had a hand sink with a mirror above it. This served no purpose because there was no running water present when the tap was turned.

Mr Clinton, the director/caretaker of the place charged us 1,200TTD, (appx 179USD) nightly rate. He instructed us to make the reservation with booking.com and payments was done via credit card.
I have to insist that the money was not worth the accommodation received and I encourage future visitors to do a thorough research as to what you are receiving for your hard earned money!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 March 2017

Upon arrival at our establishment,it was clearly understood that this was not what you were looking for,you were offered full refund immediately and assistance in finding a party like place for your needs,why did you refuse?
Instead you stayed stayed on,making noises and disturbing the other guests with your disco style music during the night and even damaging the Wi-Fi router,leaving other people without the service and discarding beer bottle covers into the pool to damage others and also the pool.
Is this proper behaviour in the property of others?

Reviewed 3 February 2017

My family and I stayed here for New Year's and had an amazing time. Mr. Clinton Samuel is a delight to work with. He is super accommodating and a gracious host. The rooms are lovely, the beds are comfortable and the rest of the property is pure Island joy.
So, if you're looking to stay at a wonderful villa in Tobago, look no further.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family