See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 March 2016

I stayed here in March 18-20th 2016. I went with a couple and their new baby that are friends of ours, along with my husband and son. This location is not that much off the beaten path but requires you to rent a car to get in and out as taxis may not want to go there. The private road to the resort needs some repair also. The grounds were sprawling and lovely for kids to run around and play. We stayed in a two bedroom/ kitchen/living room/ one bathroom apartment adjoined to two similar others. The apartment was next to the shared pool. The apartment had some old fixtures, but everything worked and was clean. Very ideal for a big family. The pool doesn't close at any specific hour so we could hear loud bathers laughing throughout the night. The property is on the beach which allowed for morning walks and collecting shells, although the water was not typical of Tobago's extremely beautiful clear waters (no one was bathing). Their isn't any food places within walking distance (hence you need to rent a car) to buy groceries to cook or get meals. Close driving proximity to Crown Point for all the buzz activities. Persons not staying at the hotel often pay a small fee to get onto the large compound for picnics or events (keep in mind for when you book) as they use the pool and amenities etc. I never saw any staff members, who I suppose were staying in the small office to the front of the compound (also need a car to get there). At night we could here cars drag racing in the lonely road that leads to the resort. Overall not a bad stay, ideal for a family trip.

Room Tip: Take one of the three apartments close to the pool, closest to beach front and away from road
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Urvashi999
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I spent one week of my August vacation with my family @ Canoe Bay and I must say if you love the best of both worlds (sea/pool) and the ambiance of the natural surroundings, then this getaway is perfect. I recommend if you are a mountain biker bring your bicycle and take a ride through the compound. The view of the sunset caps of the visit with a cold beer.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a vehicle, take a room on the ground floor. Easy access.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank ricki b
Reviewed 4 May 2015

I visited yesterday looking for a quiet area for my elderly parents to spend their 57 Wedding anniversary. We were greeted with the most unwelcoming faces. When asked to look at the room, the person by the desk stated she cannot leave the computer alone and she cannot show us the rooms. Very unprofessional. My vote.. stay in Sunshine apartments.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere!!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank CNS1991
Reviewed 4 February 2015

Went there for a couple of hours and it is absolutely wonderful lush and green but grass trimmed well and place well kept. The staff I met were helpful and polite. The accommodation looked great and the pool very inviting and immaculate. The general ambiance was very appealing and was only sorry I could not book in there as I was only in Tobago for a few days elsewhere on the island. The beach is great but the sea is very shallow so great for kids unlike many Tobago beaches

Room Tip: All look great and are close to the sea
Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank mike a
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I spent the weekend here in July 2013 (2 weeks ago) for my fiance's birthday. From reading the negative reviews posted, I must say that it has improved a bit. The grounds were landscaped and bushes cut down. The trees and plants were green and in blossom I guess because of the season compared to the pictures in the review. There are still lots of mosquitoes so you have to keep the doors and windows closed especially as early evening approaches. We (family) went for a quiet and relaxing weekend and thats what we got.

• Stayed: July 2013