2,549 results
All reviews infinity pool waterfront restaurant sea view glass shower sushi customer service rain shower breakfast buffet is business hotel business trip lobby bar trinidad port spain ships gym gulf
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Fantastic experience from beginning to end.
The staff is lovely, the facilities are top of the line and it's in a great central location.
Don't even bother looking into other places in POS, this is the best option!

Reviewed 22 October 2016

As a regular traveler to Port of Spain Trinidad I have had occasion to stay at many different hotels. The Hyatt, Hilton, Courtyard Marriott, Holiday Inn Express to name a few. Certainly the Hyatt is right at the top of this list for best accommodation. From being right on the ocean front to the gourmet breakfast buffet it's a great place to stay. If you have not prearranged breakfast with the room do so at check-in. $20 @ check-in $ 32 if you pay when served.... The location of the hotel is great, as stated on the ocean, entertainment nearby. Safe as anywhere else you might stay in Port of Spain.

1  Thank casey7125
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Excellent in many ways, although expensive ....beautiful setting, the rooms are beautifully designed, bathrooms are original with great showers, gorgeous views if you have a sea view room....The restaurant is expensive, especially the wine, but the food is very tasty; beautiful infinity swimming pool and nice bar, great gym, massage are overpriced so I didn't try but they seemed great...in short everything great BUT a few things needs to be looked at: some waiters are nice and professional but some are moody and not welcoming, idem at the reception. If you come for business be aware that you have to pay 1$ for any photocopy you need....and if you happen to forget an item in your room when you depart, as I did, well it unfortunately was not returned to the lost and found by the cleaning lady...all these BUT are disappointing when you have a room that cost nearly 300 US$...

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2016

I visited Hyatt at the beginning of October and had such a wonderful time! I arranged ahead of my arrival for a taxi to pick us up at the airport. Everything went smoothly. From the time I entered the hotel all of the staff were helpful and friendly. The facilities were very clean (my room, gym and pool). I would stay at this hotel again when travelling to Trinidad (which I will be in the near future). Whenever I needed something the staff ensured that it was done (fridge in the room was broken - it was replaced immediately). Thank you Hyatt staff!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I've stayed at several Hyatt's in the states and thought this one would be the same but unfortunately I have to state the facts and comment, if you carry the name Hyatt you must live up to their standards. Please note that I work for a corporation and my job is to travel on conferences and meetings. I experienced the following; 1-I stayed three nights and not one night was my room cleaned, when I left on the fourth day my 4 garbage cans were topped unable to throw anything else away. I received clean towels only because I requested them on the second day of my stay. 2- The construction noise (drilling & hammering) was unbearable till late at night and again at 6:45am, I called the front desk and they explained that the hotel had rooms under construction. I was there for the a very large Caribbean conference and this should not have been going on when so many guests were present. 3. Upon checkout I reviewed my bill and realized that they had added a smoking fee plus Vat for smoking, I'm a non smoker, never have and never will. I advised the Manager and his response was that when they cleaned my room they smelled smoke, my rooms were never cleaned therefore this was a lie. After about 20 minutes of going back and forth and telling him to check my bags for cigarettes or matches he decided to take it off the bill thus making me wait and making my transportation returning me to the airport wait as well. I am not satisfied at all with the Hyatt Regency Trinidad and I would Never Ever stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business