2,545 results
All reviews infinity pool waterfront restaurant sea view sushi glass shower customer service rain shower breakfast buffet is business hotel business trip lobby bar trinidad port spain ships gym gulf
Reviewed 23 March 2015

Stayed the weekend. We used the spa and had several treatments which were excellent. The gym was very good and outside pool area has a good atmosphere. The Sushi is excellent. The only thing I could fault was the Brunch on Sunday. Really disappointing food. One tip, I booked with expedia and would never do that again. Just as good a price booking direct with the hotel and much easier to upgrade rooms.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janes785
Reviewed 22 March 2015

I wrote a review a few years back and can confirm what I wrote back then: The hotel leaves little to be desired. It is spacious, the location is excellent, the waterfront terrace a great place for breakfast or evening drinks (unless the day is too hot), the views are excellent (especially ocean view rooms on upper floors), and staff is very friendly.
The hotel is 7 years old now and while the normal cycle for refurbishing of a hotel of that category es every 11 or 12 years, the rooms will get an overhaul as from summer 2015 (I was told) and other areas in 2016. Not that there is much to overhaul though.
Another nice feature: the pool area with its horizon pool.
But the pool is rather small and the space could get crowded if all hotel guests decided to relax there at the same time.

Breakfast buffet was ample, good choice and very good, including both "Western" as well as Caribbean dishes, but not superb quality (that is why I give only a "very good" and not "excellent" rating). On the other hand, as almost everything on this island needs to be imported, I also don't expect everything to besuperb.

By the way, the hotel is located right next to the Parliament building, and that can be visited Monday-Friday.

Room Tip: best rooms: higher levels, ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2015

I spent one night at this hotel while transiting overnight through Trinidad. The staff were among the friendliest and most helpful that I have experienced anywhere in the world. The room included breakfast, which was fantastic and featured a number of local specialties.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Alpinetrout
Reviewed 16 March 2015

Excellent property and location when staying in Trinidad. I have stayed in many business focused hotels but this has an excellent mix of business and professional atmosphere, but with an excellent vibe for winding down after a long day. The hotel buffet is adequate to meet most needs and they usually have an omelet bar if you are not a buffet type. I did a little of both. There is a restaurant called the Waterfront on property, but i did not have an opportunity to try that out. One of my favorite parts of the hotel is the patio waterfront bar. During my visit there was excellent live music from a variety of genres. Each night during the evening there was a lively vibe. I found this a great place for "limeing" after work. I have another trip planned for 6 months from now and I am already looking to book my room as this will be my base of operations in TT. Also a note to the management that your staff is friendly and helpful. I had lots of questions about the country and area and all of your staff indulged my curiosity. I really appreciate that.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the ocean if you can. Watching the ferry in the morning and the ships cruise by is very relaxing. Try to get a higher room if noise bothers you. The music is not super loud, but it might bother you if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2015

After having a horrid experience at the Trinidad Hilton, the Hyatt more than made up for everything by there attention to detail, their attentiveness, and their friendliness. I was only here one night, but I loved the fact that I was able to choose my room, which I wanted to have facing the sea, and no lights from the downtown. Everything was upscale and very nice in my suite.

Room Tip: The ocean side is very quiet and free from city lights.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo