See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I visited Alicia's Palace on the 1st June 2018. Checked into my room and discovered there were a lot of mosquitoes. I phones the FD and informed them about it and the person told me that she was going to send someone with a key to the only other available room. That I should check out the room and let her know if I wanted to switch. Upon checking the room, I discovered that it was located right next to the back of the kitchen. Now the purpose of my trip was to work all night at an event in the Queens Park Savannah. I was looking for peace and quiet. I refuesd the room because of the location. I then visited the FD and asked that the clerk call the other location and inquire if they had available rooms. She informed me that they did indeed have and that the price was $450. Being that I had already paid $1030 for my current room. ($465 per night ×2) ($100 key deposit) she refunded me the excess of $30. When I arrived at the other location located in close proximity of Queens Hall. The Manager asked that I visit a room and check it out before I decide to accept. After review, I accepted the room, got my receipt from her for the $1000 that I paid by the first location and went to my room. At about 3am on Sunday morning, when I came back from the event, I asked the guy at the FD what is the cost of a late check out for my room. The usual check out time is 12pm, my flight was not till 5:45pm, and I was really tired. He informed me that they don't have a late check out fee and if I wanted to do so, I would have to pay the full rate of the cost per day. I told him thanks and left. When I woke up later that day it was almost 12pm and I went to the front to pay my $450 for a couple more hours. I was then informed by the girl at the FD that the room I was assigned was priced at $500 per night and she would not be able to give me it for $450. I told her about the entire arrangement, and also that I was not told that I am being charged $500 per night. She told me that the $1000 that I paid was for the 2 nights and there were no $100 assigned for the key. It was past 12pm at this point and I still had some business to tie up. I paid my $500 for 4 hours, because I left at 4pm. Now this is what have me upset. Upon arriving at the airport, I met my business partner who booked a room at the first location for me on 02nd Feb, 2018.I was unable to make my trip at that time so I asked him to go and collect the money for me that was paid. When I told him about my experience, he indicated that he never got time to go and collect the money. I decided to call the establishment and ask about the refund and was told that I would only be given 15% of the money I paid due to the time that had elapsed. Now please someone, tell me if this is fair. I await a phone call with the manager tomorrow. The only reason I visit this place is because of the location. Everything else is thrash. Honestly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Coryes J
Reviewed 23 February 2018

My girlfriends and I went to Trinidad for Carnival 2018. We stayed at Alicia Palace from 2/8/18 to 2/13/18. A friend referred this hotel to us. We were given a room on the second floor and to our surprise there was not an elevator and no one there to help us with our luggage. When we finally got to our room I was shocked to notice how outdated the room was. The bathroom was horrible. you had to flush the toilet twice, mold around the tub faucets. The only good thing was the view. The worst thing was they were rationing towels. They only gave us one face towel and one bath towel per person. So if we needed to take a shower twice, we had to use the same towels. On two different occasions they only gave us bath towels but no face towels. The fist time we called and asked for face towels we had to wait almost two hours for our towels and when the lady came to our she was really rude and said "I gave you towels". My friend explained to her that she had only given us bath towels and no face towels. She didn't apologize but left and came back later with our face towels. The second time they didn't give us face towels I decided to go down and ask for face towels and the young lady said she would call housekeeping and let them know. An hour passed and still no towels so I decided to go back downstairs and ask about the towels. She called housekeepnig and asked about the towels and I could hear the lady telling that she had indeed given us towels so I told the young lady she only gave us bath towels and then she told me there no towels. I asked her how could a hotel run out of towels and she just shrugged her shoulders. After being in the sun all day, we couldn't take a shower that night. The shuttle driver was the only one that made us feel welcome at this hotel. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I have no idea if there are any good rooms
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank blessed5607
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We stayed 5 days, 2/8-2/13/2018 at Alicia's Palace. The hotel itself was not bad considering it was way up in the mountains and you definitely could not come or go without having transportation, which we had a personal driver.

The complaint is that we could not get more than one set of towels per day, set meaning on a bath towel and face towel. On two days we were not given ANY face towels at all and it took 3 hours before housekeeping would bring them. Our last day we did not get any at all. After calling several times, then going downstairs, we were told someone would bring them. After a couple hours, we went back downstairs to be told that "the hotel did not have any towels." So I'm not sure what guests are supposed to do to wash their faces, take a shower, etc. We have traveled to many of the islands, to Europe and many places in the US where we live, and never have we had problems getting towels to take showers. This in itself is what has prompted me to give Alicia's Palace a POOR RATING. Also, Wi-FI barely worked.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn Jackson B
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my love one went to spend 3days of fun. It was so amazing the steff was so nice and helpful the dining room have a view to die for .
The only thing we did not like is that the darkroom have mole and smell bad but beside that it was nice .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

total surprise but an amazing time with my "love". It was simply breath taking. From the drive till the room. the views from our room was just amazing. A true get away! This was a weekend to remember. Peace of heaven on earth.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple