I stayed here for 2 weeks on a recent business trip in August/September 2017.
Check-in was efficient and friendly.
First impressions were that the room was quite dark, but this is mostly due to the dark painted wood on the doors and skirting boards.
Room was very clean, and water pressure in the shower was fine.
I got a nice platter of fresh fruit on my 2nd day for being a Rewards member (it doesn't cost anything to join), and then during my second week I got some free snacks and bottles of diet coke which was a nice touch.
Breakfast is unusual in that it isn't a buffet breakfast. You have to queue to place an order from their menu, and then take a table or wait for a take-away option. If your breakfast is included, you get a choice of cereal or yoghurt, plus a choice from a selection of hot meals. You also get a choice of juices and coffee as well. At busy times, I sometimes had to wait 5 minutes or more before being served, whilst those at the front of the queue decided what they were going to eat. There are quite a lot of choices, and almost all have very large portions.
Having a buffet breakfast with cereal, fruits, yoghurt, bread/toast etc. would be a big improvement to the hotel.
Despite the hotel being advertised with a swimming pool, I was somewhat disappointed with it as it's a very small pool and is more of a splash pool than one for swimming in.
The hotel is of course right next door to Movie Towne, which has a range of restaurants, bars, shops and of course a cinema. There's also a children's play area right next door to the hotel also.
Wifi in the hotel was excellent, even on the free Standard service. Sufficient for checking emails, uploading photos, social media use and even VPN/remote desktop sessions back to my office in the UK.
I ate in the hotel for dinner quite a few times during my stay. The menu was somewhat limited despite having a lot of options, and many of the courses are similar or have cheese in them, even if they aren't advertised as having cheese. Food quality was fine, and service was always prompt and friendly. There are better options in nearby Movie Towne, and especially the (expensive but worth it) Prime steak restaurant in the BHP office building next to the hotel.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay in the Courtyard, and would likely stay there again if I visited Port of Spain on business. The staff are friendly and helpful, and almost always smiling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago in style when staying in the Courtyard Port of Spain. Our contemporary hotel is situated in close proximity to some of the area's best shopping, dining and attractions, such as Hasley Crawford National Stadium and Maracas Beach. Guests of our hotel love our spacious and inviting guest rooms, complimentary high speed Internet access, peaceful pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Port Of Spain Hotel Port Of Spain
- Courtyard Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott Port Of Spain Trinidad