All reviewsmovie townshopping complexfront desk staffroom attendanti highly recommend this hotelspecial thanksthe entire stafftaxi servicewalking distancesmall poolrooms are cleanexcellent customer servicebusiness triprestaurant staffbusiness hotelvisiting trinidadhome away from home
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Visited this weekend for my husband's birthday, it was great! !! Hotel is exceptionally clean! The staff offers the best customer service I have encountered in trinidad for awhile. From the waiters to the housekeepers they were exceptionally pleasant, and helpful. Thumbs up to whomever does the train with your staff. I can't remember all the names but Jamie was a great at the restaurant also another whom I can't remember her name who gave toys to my kids for eating all their food. I will definitely return!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Hi Nadia A,

We appreciate your taking the time to share feedback on your stay with us.

Our team will be thrilled to read your comments especially Jamie. Thank you for recognizing their spirit to serve.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

Stayed here on 2 Occasions, the last being as a Surprise weekend getaway for my wife's birthday. The staff was extremely courteous as always and the Rooms were clean and well kept. The Hotel is conveniently located right next to Movie Towne, which is a Major shopping centre with Restaurants, Casino's, Sports Bars and Theatre. It's also 5 mins away by from the downtown Port of Spain and Ariapita Ave, Trinidad's premier Party/Nightlife Strip, It's a great hotel for a quick couple or family getaway

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

AdamA81,

Thank you for sharing on your second stay with us. It was really great having you back with us.

It is heartening to know that we continue to live up to your expectations.

We look forward to your next stay with us and appreciate your recommending us.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Absolutely wonderful. Friendly ,efficient, caring and dedicated staff. Delicious well prepared meals. Relaxing welcoming atmosphere. Will definitely recommend and revisit. The best that Port of Spain has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Hi marshachasseau,

We really do appreciate receiving your feedback. We are honored that you consider us the best that Port of Spain has to offer.

Our team is looking forward to your next stay with us until then take care.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Many of the popular restaurants in Trinidad close on Sundays and public holidays.

We racked our brains trying to think where we could go for a DECENT quick bite, away from the maddening crowd. I suggested we try The Marriott lobby.

Though I have eaten here in the past, it had always been work or event related. But one thing that I knew we would be guaranteed was excellent food, as I have been following the esteemed Chef Raymond Joseph, for some time. Chef Raymond by the way, has captained the very successful Trinidad and Tobago Culinary team to victory on numerous occasions at the prestigious, Taste of the Caribbean competition.

So we ventured in. We were immediately happy that the lobby was not crowded. We were greeted by who would later be our server - Dillon. Now let me be honest - Dillon was not immediately warm and fuzzy. However, this quickly changed as Dillon became one of the best servers I had encountered in some time. My friend had recently had dental surgery and on hearing this Dillon suggested the corn soup and went a step further and offered to ask the kitchen to blend the ingredients for her.

Dillon was very attentive, warm, unobtrusive and like I said before - the best sever I have encountered in some time.

Oh- I am not sure if I should share this tip - as my new sanctuary may become crowded - but the Courtyard lobby is the perfect place to 'get away' with its private nooks.

I am going to be stopping by regularly - even if it's just so Dillon can recommend that perfect cup of chai!

Great value also - portions were more than adequate.

So happy to have found this hidden spot, that was smack in front of me all this time.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Hi bonappetit_11,

We really do appreciate receiving your feedback.

It was our pleasure serving you and we are particularly happy that our team was able to meet your needs. Thank you for singling out Dillon for special mention, he will be thrilled to know that he impressed you with his service.

We hope that we will have the honour of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

spent a night at this hotel. It was a gift from my daughter as we celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. We had a superb dinner, lovely night and scrumptious breakfast.
The staff was very friendly and the ambiance great. Will recommend stay here to all my friends.

Room Tip: ice conveniently available on each floor for easy access
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
GMCYPOS, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Good day Maulaw,

We are so happy to have been chosen for your anniversary celebration and to have exceeded your expectations.

It was wonderful having you with us and thank you for recommending us to others.

Take care until we meet again.