“Fantastic Restaurant”
Review of Aioli

Aioli
Ranked #2 of 187 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Helmed by Executive Chef Johnny Aboud, Aioli offers a Mediterranean inspired-menu for lunch, tapas and dinner in a beautiful, inviting setting. Chef Aboud trained at the Ecole Gregoire Ferrandi in Paris, the Lincoln Culinary Institute and the Florida Culinary Institute. With his team, he strives to bring out the best in carefully chosen ingredients, turning the cacophony into a wonderful symphony of flavor. We invite you to come taste the daring efforts of this young chef as he makes his mark in Trinidad & Tobago!
Reviewed 19 July 2015

"It was my first visit to Aioli". In conversation about the search of good service in Trinidad's restaurants my eye doctor recommended Aioli. Before I give you my review let me say "Thank you Dr. SAL". On entering the Restaurant manager Christian greeted us and was extremely polite and professional. We arrived 30 mins before our reservation and was able to be seated immediately. The ambiance was very chic, the waiters were very pleasant and friendly. Ricardo, our waiter had some recommendations off the menu which we did try one of. I had the Escargot and bone marrow starter, my wife had the Scallops. Absolutely fantastic. For our main, we had the Thai Duck and the Lamb. Dessert was Creme Broullee which is not my second favourite so far in my travels, second to the one I had in Cape Town S.A. This was perfect, both dishes were delicious. (taste of France). It was our 22nd wedding anniversary and when I asked my wife what did she think of the place she said it reminded her of our 19th anniversary which was in Paris. So if you want excellent service, amazing ambiance and fantastic food (with a twist) in Trinidad this is definitely the place to eat. "When you go and use the Crockery and Cutlery you will understand the twist". Loved it. Thank you Aioli. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank Mark B

Reviewed 15 July 2015

I visited this restaurant with my bestie for just a girly dinner :) (10/07/2015). We were both amazed by the design and decor of the restaurant. Though relatively small, they made really good use of its space and had beautiful candles lit all over the restaurant which really sets the romantic atmosphere. We had two waiters, one for our food and the other for our drinks, both were very polite, friendly and very helpful. Our main waiter (for food) gave wonderful recommendations which we obliged to and did not regret. The presentation of the food was top notch, something food network judges on Chopped would applaud. The food is a little on the pricier end but I guess you pay a little extra for the ambience, service and the exquisite food presentation. Even the bathroom was lush, clean and equipped with lovely scented candles and soft thick quilted tissue paper (lol). Only the very best for guests at Aioli!

On a side note, be aware that when the waiter asks you for water, even though he asks sparkling or still, and you choose still, you will be charged ~$35 for the bottle of still water. We weren't aware of this and it was a good laugh at the end of dinner. So if you prefer not to pay for water then specify tap water would be fine. It was probably our error in assuming that still water was automatically gonna be tap water, but since this is a more top end restaurant I guess it is somewhat expected, though it would have been nice if our waiter could've notified us of this. Nonetheless this did not take away from our experience at Aioli. I highly recommend it, especially suited for couples as it has a lovely romantic atmosphere ;) A really chic restaurant with good food,service and ambience!

Reviewed 13 July 2015

My visit to Aioli was truly a gastronomic experience! The food was amazing, great ambience and fantastic customer service.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

I took a girl friend to Aioli on Sat July 11 for a Farewell Dinner and I must say that the service we received by Marcus & Natasha was beyond superb!!! From the moment we walked through the doors and made our way up the staircase we felt very much welcomed and comfortable. The service staff was highly professional, was constantly smiling, helpful and did beyond an amazing job. They were on point every time they approached us and we very much impressed and in some ways could not believe that we were having Dinner in Trinidad. I would say we definitely need to have lots more restaurants in T&T with the same highly trained and experienced staff members offering the same experience.

The food was delectable and very palatable and was brought out at the right moment, there was never a lengthy wait for Food & Beverage. I do not have one bad thing to say about this restaurant and would most highly recommend to anyone who wants more than a touch of class, coupled with comfort and beyond excellent service!

Great Job Aioli Team!
Patrina

Reviewed 8 July 2015

A very chic astutely managed venue. I was impressed by the manager's attention to his guests and of course the quality and variety of the menu was excellent.