All reviews fried fish large fridge internet service loft vidalia
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Where should i start the front desk staff very friendly when it comes to the room is it very outdated it really needs a faceflit as for the housekeeping when they find something the dont leave it at front desk they keep it for themselves i few of my husband stuff went missing but its a very quiet hotel ecxept the ac in ur ears at night.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Quiet and relaxing atmosphere very close to restaurants and other amenities. Only problem was the rooms closest to the pool was quite noisy.. You can hear everything outside clearly. Overall I was satisfied. Will recommend to a friend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Recently I had to travel to Trinidad, Port of Spain with 5 days stay so I ask agent to book me hotel. I was offered “Normandie” for around $100US per night or another one double than that. As common, I went on internet to check “Normandie”. Rooms were looking ok on photos. Hotel has WiFi, restaurant and even small shopping mall within. Breakfast served buffet style, swimming pool… I though; really you do not need anything else. Unfortunately picture changed as soon I arrived on reception desk. Reception was looking so, so old with lack of maintenance and it even does not look clean. I cannot say dirty but they have to invest a lot on first impression as when I think a bit better now, I should ask myself why I not turned around immediately and go elsewhere. Anyhow, after passing check in formalities I went to the room. Here was second shock, even bigger one. Room was in the last corner of the hotel, old tails on the floor, bathroom have seen last renovation when Hernan Cortes was sailing around Caribbean waters. Furniture was as well old, very, very old. On my own surprise on the desk was CRT type of SHARP TV. Where did the find it, I haven’t seen CRT TV since last 10 or more years in hotels. No fridge, bed madras so old. What about these photos from internet, where is that? Is that all fake or they just decide to dump me in last corner of hotel?
First half hour internet worked with actually quite good speed and then it stopped. I complain to reception desk but they could do nothing. Went for dinner, which was ok, waitress was nice; no complaints on service but food and especially drinks are definitely overpriced for establishment like that. Anyhow, after dinner I went back to room. As soon I was back, I got phone call, I picked up but person on other end hanged down. I was thinking than probably somebody dials wrong number. Throughout the night I got another 2 phone calls. I don’t know, maybe around 0200-0300h in the morning with same manner. Around 0800h I went for breakfast. Underway I complain to reception that internet is still not working on what they told me that service is expected in morning hours and as well I complain about phone calls on what they couldn’t give any answer. Is it telephone system broken, does maybe somebody checks if I am in room in order to rob me when I am gone, does somebody decide to harass me? There was no answer. On breakfast; no buffet! I got menu with some 5 choices and that’s it. If you want something extra, additionally than what is offered, you have to pay extra for it. I did not try but it is written on menu like that. What kind of nonsense is that? Ok, maybe there is no enough guests so makes no sense to serve buffet and they offer menu, so how they can charge extra for extra bite or two in that case? Buffet you will eat as much as you like without paying extra but due to lack of guests you have to pay extra for extra. Here I started to really “boil”. After breakfast I went back to room and got again phone call with hang down. Then I call agent, to send me driver and to move to another hotel. There was absolutely no chance to stay there 5 days. During packing another and final phonecall with hang down. Around noon driver arrived, I went down to check out, receptionist was surprised, manager came, offered me another room, free dinner… No I do not need anything as that was simply enough, just needed to check out. This establishment will not see me ever again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank josipm196
Reviewed 3 October 2017

lunch tasty especially. Seafood variety but wait for meal ridiculously long more than 1.30 hrs even though the restaurant was relatively emptyOnly one server for group of 18persons desserts very limited offering very little local content

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank glopatm
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is small and has a lot of potential but is it's clear it hasn't been properly managed for years. The rooms need a better look, new drapes, modern furniture... All of the premises require a paint job and fix-up of many details. The pool is kept clean but is has many unpainted spots. Staff are not very efficient but they try to be friendly. I would look for a better hotel to stay as the price for a room here is very expensive for what they offer. The fitness center is tiny, which old, sad machines that don't work well.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple