“Perfect Honeymoon”

Montpelier Plantation & Beach
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We had a truly wonderful experience at Montpelier for our 12-day honeymoon. Montpelier is beautiful, charming and the food and wine is top notch. We had the chance to get to know the lovely staff and we adore them! By the time we left, we felt like part of the family. We stayed in a plantation room and were very happy with our accommodations. The entire property is incredibly manicured and well kept. We enjoyed breakfast every morning on the terrace with a view of the sugar mill and Nevis Peak. It was easy to arrange taxi rides and activities through the concierge services and we appreciate how helpful and caring everyone was in making sure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves. We loved arriving in the Great Room for cocktail hour and having a chance to look over the menu before sitting down - it felt like such a personal experience every time. Dinner in the mill is a must-do - the seven course meal was phenomenal! We also recommend taking a cooking class with the Executive Chef - we had a wonderful time spending the morning with him - his creations are beautiful!

We cannot wait to go back to Montpelier, we plan to make it a regular trip to celebrate anniversaries.

Thank you, Montpelier!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alexandra R

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Montpelier Plantation is one of the most charming places that I have ever stayed. Let me start the review with the tree that you see when you first walk up, it reminds me of the tree of knowledge. The pool area is perfection. The pool holds fresh water and offers a stunning view of Mount Nevis.

I had breakfast every morning, if you go you must try the Eggs Florentine, I had that 2 days in a row. It was delicious! Actually, every selection of food that I tried was wonderful.

The staff was polite and very pleasant. Nevis is very laid back and I really appreciated the laid back demeanor of the staff.

The room was LOVELY! I was told that Princess Diana used to stay on this property with her boys. I started to ask Jackie if I was staying in the same place she did, she "No Christopher you are not in that one". I still never did figure out which one she stayed. My room was private, simple, stocked fridge for snacks, all the toilet trees that were needed.

I can't wait to come back to visit! Butterflies all over the property!!! I would caution you of one thing! Get used to the sound of donkeys.

Oh, and everyone must check out the hammock overlooking the sea!

What a peaceful place to visit.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Christopher-Joey
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I don't quite know how to explain how special this hotel is. All of the staff are so friendly and accommodating. Helen, the general manager is fantastic, she is always on site to help or see how your day went, etc. Jackie, Cassandra, Abby at the front desk are wonderful. All of the waitstaff, bartenders,(Caddy, Chris, Hixton, Veronica,Latoya, etc) etc. are also great. I wanted to (and did) hug everyone when we left. Montpelier is a beautiful old sugar mill on gorgeous, immaculately kept grounds. We have stayed in the Tamarind House ( a 2 bedroom villa) and also a plantation room. Both are very spacious and have amazing views of the sea from up high. This hotel is not on the beach but the trade winds and views make you not care that you aren't. In fact, we have stayed at a beach hotel and prefer Montpelier. Breakfast is included every day which is so wonderful. What a relaxing way to start the day. Lunch by the pool is excellent and also dinner at Restaurant 750 is a must do even if you aren't staying here. The sunset from the beautiful veranda overlooking St. Kitts is breathtaking and the food is I think, the best on the island. The hotel arranged a private tennis lesson for me on their court with Stephen which was great and I also had 2 private yoga practices with Nikki overlooking the sea above the tennis court, which was also amazing. Last but not least, we totally enjoyed "Cosmo" the hotel Labrador Retriever who was out and about but never,ever a nuisance. I think he will probably miss the "treats" that my husband kept giving him. (Sorry Helen!) I usually say that I don't want to vacation at the same place twice, but next Christmas will be our 3rd and definitely NOT our last time at Montpelier and beautiful Nevis!

Room Tip: Plantation room is spacious and has beautiful views!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Relaxed but caring service, beautiful and secluded setting. Rooms have traditional feel, comfortable. Lovely pool area and food. Good tennis court, beach with bar via complimentary taxi service. A special place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Thank you Muffin for allowing our tour bus to stop and visit your beautiful home on opening day of the fall season.

The grounds were absolutely pristine. The decor in the main house and pool are was timeless and modern. Clean, cared for and so obviously loved.

Suggestion: at the end of your Marriott trip on St Kitts come here for 2 nights to see what island living is really like.

This place is bucket list material.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miller32746
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
8.2 km away
6.3 km away
Paradise Beach Nevis
Paradise Beach Nevis
#4 of 7 in Nevis

Been to Montpelier Plantation & Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK