All reviews sugar mill great room pool bar picnic lunch other guests our honeymoon cocktail hour botanical gardens four seasons minute shuttle ride yellow lab afternoon tea beautiful pool old mill every morning nevis peak yogurt
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I don't quite know how to explain how special this hotel is. All of the staff are so friendly and accommodating. Helen, the general manager is fantastic, she is always on site to help or see how your day went, etc. Jackie, Cassandra, Abby at the front desk are wonderful. All of the waitstaff, bartenders,(Caddy, Chris, Hixton, Veronica,Latoya, etc) etc. are also great. I wanted to (and did) hug everyone when we left. Montpelier is a beautiful old sugar mill on gorgeous, immaculately kept grounds. We have stayed in the Tamarind House ( a 2 bedroom villa) and also a plantation room. Both are very spacious and have amazing views of the sea from up high. This hotel is not on the beach but the trade winds and views make you not care that you aren't. In fact, we have stayed at a beach hotel and prefer Montpelier. Breakfast is included every day which is so wonderful. What a relaxing way to start the day. Lunch by the pool is excellent and also dinner at Restaurant 750 is a must do even if you aren't staying here. The sunset from the beautiful veranda overlooking St. Kitts is breathtaking and the food is I think, the best on the island. The hotel arranged a private tennis lesson for me on their court with Stephen which was great and I also had 2 private yoga practices with Nikki overlooking the sea above the tennis court, which was also amazing. Last but not least, we totally enjoyed "Cosmo" the hotel Labrador Retriever who was out and about but never,ever a nuisance. I think he will probably miss the "treats" that my husband kept giving him. (Sorry Helen!) I usually say that I don't want to vacation at the same place twice, but next Christmas will be our 3rd and definitely NOT our last time at Montpelier and beautiful Nevis!

Room Tip: Plantation room is spacious and has beautiful views!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Relaxed but caring service, beautiful and secluded setting. Rooms have traditional feel, comfortable. Lovely pool area and food. Good tennis court, beach with bar via complimentary taxi service. A special place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Thank you Muffin for allowing our tour bus to stop and visit your beautiful home on opening day of the fall season.

The grounds were absolutely pristine. The decor in the main house and pool are was timeless and modern. Clean, cared for and so obviously loved.

Suggestion: at the end of your Marriott trip on St Kitts come here for 2 nights to see what island living is really like.

This place is bucket list material.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miller32746
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My family and I stayed at this quaint and beautiful property and even the children fell in love with it. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly, the rooms were great and the bed was very comfortable. The grounds are very well manicured spotted with fruit trees and we were awoken by the fresh scent of the sweet mangoes which we picked daily. Having fresh coconut water directly from the coconut for breakfast topped it off for us. We Love this place and highly recommend it. I can't forget the pool and the afternoon tea with mouthwatering pastries.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank mangoskb
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We visited Montpelier for a week on our honeymoon last year. We went the last week of May into the first week of June, which was technically "out of season" as far as they were concerned, but practically perfect in every way as far as I was concerned.
Being "out of season," we practically had the resort to ourselves! I think it was four days we had the pool completely to ourselves until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. And the day we went down to the beach - with a packed lunch you pick up after breakfast - we were the only people down there. Well, us and the bartender, who delivered the most amazing pina coladas directly to our chaise lounges - and then shaved fresh nutmeg over them.
Hyperbole aside, we enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff were wonderful, friendly and catered to our every need. They booked anything we wanted to do off-site and ordered transportation to boot. We literally didn't have to do anything but say "I want to <fill in the blank>."
One day we took a catamaran snorkeling tour and brought back a (totally approved by the guides!) conch shell and someone went so far as to bleach it for us so that we could safely transport it home. The attention to detail was simply wonderful.
Our room was comfortable and private, large with a very large bathroom and a lovely little patio overlooking the monkey playground.
I haven't even started about the restaurants. Each one was wonderful. Eating at the sugar mill was an experience you don't soon forget. And, I have food allergies, which can make travel challenging. Not so at Montpelier. By the second day, they knew who I was and gluten-free toast would show up at breakfast, or accommodations would be made to the evening's dinner menu. The service was graceful and elegant and attention was paid to the details.
One of the most lovely parts of the stay was cocktail hour in the great room each evening before dinner. Do yourself a favor, dress the part and enjoy the experience. It's not something you get to do at home.
I could probably go on and on, but if I keep telling you all the great things about the Montpelier, then you're going to want to go and you might beat me to my preferred chair at the pool or on the beach!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple