All reviewssugar millgreat roompool barpicnic lunchother guestsour honeymooncocktail hourbotanical gardensfour seasonsminute shuttle rideyellow labafternoon teabeautiful poolold millevery morningnevis peakyogurt
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Thank you Muffin for allowing our tour bus to stop and visit your beautiful home on opening day of the fall season.

The grounds were absolutely pristine. The decor in the main house and pool are was timeless and modern. Clean, cared for and so obviously loved.

Suggestion: at the end of your Marriott trip on St Kitts come here for 2 nights to see what island living is really like.

This place is bucket list material.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miller32746
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My family and I stayed at this quaint and beautiful property and even the children fell in love with it. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly, the rooms were great and the bed was very comfortable. The grounds are very well manicured spotted with fruit trees and we were awoken by the fresh scent of the sweet mangoes which we picked daily. Having fresh coconut water directly from the coconut for breakfast topped it off for us. We Love this place and highly recommend it. I can't forget the pool and the afternoon tea with mouthwatering pastries.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank mangoskb
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We visited Montpelier for a week on our honeymoon last year. We went the last week of May into the first week of June, which was technically "out of season" as far as they were concerned, but practically perfect in every way as far as I was concerned.
Being "out of season," we practically had the resort to ourselves! I think it was four days we had the pool completely to ourselves until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. And the day we went down to the beach - with a packed lunch you pick up after breakfast - we were the only people down there. Well, us and the bartender, who delivered the most amazing pina coladas directly to our chaise lounges - and then shaved fresh nutmeg over them.
Hyperbole aside, we enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff were wonderful, friendly and catered to our every need. They booked anything we wanted to do off-site and ordered transportation to boot. We literally didn't have to do anything but say "I want to <fill in the blank>."
One day we took a catamaran snorkeling tour and brought back a (totally approved by the guides!) conch shell and someone went so far as to bleach it for us so that we could safely transport it home. The attention to detail was simply wonderful.
Our room was comfortable and private, large with a very large bathroom and a lovely little patio overlooking the monkey playground.
I haven't even started about the restaurants. Each one was wonderful. Eating at the sugar mill was an experience you don't soon forget. And, I have food allergies, which can make travel challenging. Not so at Montpelier. By the second day, they knew who I was and gluten-free toast would show up at breakfast, or accommodations would be made to the evening's dinner menu. The service was graceful and elegant and attention was paid to the details.
One of the most lovely parts of the stay was cocktail hour in the great room each evening before dinner. Do yourself a favor, dress the part and enjoy the experience. It's not something you get to do at home.
I could probably go on and on, but if I keep telling you all the great things about the Montpelier, then you're going to want to go and you might beat me to my preferred chair at the pool or on the beach!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SFMcL
Reviewed 12 August 2017

From the moment my husband and I arrived at Montpelier, the place felt like home. The friendly staff, the lush tropical gardens and comfortable room all reinforced this feeling. The 6 days spent there were wonderfully relaxing! Each morning we enjoyed a fantastic and generous breakfast, with a special treat on Sundays with the brunch buffet offering lots of local delicacies. We would definitely recommend the Montpelier Hotel on Nevis and we look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brigitte7675
Reviewed 2 August 2017

A stellar experience: relaxed, venerable, and a staff who are genuinely friendly and accomodating. Idyllic, serene, and where time slows down. Superb culinary experience with romantic ambience. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017