We stayed 9 weeks from Jan 7th Through March 11th 2017. The new management team showed an effort of fixing issues. By the time we left the worst had been handled and things were looking quite positive. A new tenant for the front building which was the gym, a retail shop, is to be operational by fall 2017. Negotiations for an operator for the defunct, on site snack bar should also be concluded by that time.
The beach and location are the best assets, we walked 5KM barefoot most days along the beach! Beautiful sand beach, almost 8 km long, adjacent to the best Indian food restaurant, Indian Summer and 5 star restaurant Coconut Grove. A few hundred yards ( meters) left side on the beach is Yachtsman restaurant and beach bar, and about 500 yards right side is Chrishi beach club, restaurant and bar.
The views of St Kitts and sunsets over the Caribbean sea are spectacular.
The lodging is an extremely well designed condo complex, each unit either 2 or 3 bedroom. 3 bedroom units have a ground floor bedroom, large fully equipped kitchen and open concept living room, a large screened balcony serves as a dining area for at least 8 people, with awesome ocean sounds and views. The other two bedrooms are 2nd floor equipped with ensuite bathrooms. All units have a breezeway below for car park and laundry room with washer and dryer. Not handicap accessible. at Least a dozen stairs to the main floor. The units are clean, totally Italian tiled travertine flooring, but some are in need of a fresh up. Most of the condo owners are being encouraged to update the units.
Our unit owner is very serious about getting the entire condo complex in ship shape.
We have booked for the entire winter season from Nov 2017 through March 2018, that is how confident we are that the improvements and attitude of the new management team will sort out the place.
Google nelsonspringbeachresort. pics are when the place was new 8 years ago, click on Condos for price list for weekly, monthly or longer term.
see attached pics
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nelson Spring Beach Resort is a luxurious beachfront location on the best beach in Nevis. 18 fully furnished 2 and 3 bedroom units with beach, Caribbean Sea, and Mt. Nevis views. Fully equipped kitchens, screened verandas, Internet, local phone, pool, weekly housekeeping included. Our guests say NSBR is one of the top beachfront resorts in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Nelson Spring Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nelson Spring Beach Hotel Charlestown
- Nelson Spring Beach Resort Nevis/Charlestown