“Had ups and downs”

Kenneth's Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located on Bay Road in Basseterre and just minutes from the Cruise Ship Terminal at Port Zante and our dive boats depart from the marina adjacent to Port Zante. We also offer complimentary transfers to and from all hotels in the Frigate Bay area. With two custom dive cats 40' & 50' long and a 32' speed boat, we are able to cater to small and large groups. Our dive boats are equipped with top of the line snorkeling and Scuba equipment, and our dive cats are the only dive boats on the island with an on-board restroom. Easy entry and exits, experienced PADI Instructors and boat crew, equals the most safe and enjoyable excursions on St. Kitts. We cater to first time divers, as well as those with lots of experience, and offer an array of PADI certification classes on request. Having discovered or created many of the dive sites in St. kitts, and with over 40 years experience diving the waters of St. Kitts & Nevis, you will be offered more variety of diving, and personal service! We look forward to having you join us. For reservations, please contact us. CHEERS!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Good communication before the dive, however communication proved to be unreliable. Was told I would be met, but never was in the place I was told. Someone from Pro Divers saw me waiting and told where Kenneth's boat should be so I walked towards the harbor. Saw a boat that said Kenneth's, but it was taking snorkelers. Found another diver who was going with Kenneth's, so I waited with him. Someone who called himself Kenneth showed up and told us he was waiting for two more divers, so we waited. He showed up with six more divers and escorted to a boat that wasn't his. Apparently his is in for repairs that will take three months, but the replacement was a very nice boat. Unfortunately the equipment was not ready, so about 45 months minutes and two trips for more equipment later, we headed out. The dives were nice, we had lots of time to explore the wrecks of the Corinthian and the River Taw. I would not say safety was a priority, but the dives went smoothly. If I dive in St. Kitts again, Pro Divers will be my choice. I talked with a couple the week before I dove there and they loved Pro Divers. If Kenneth's was the only choice, I would probably skip diving St. Kitts

All reviews
in 13 reviews
in 15 reviews
in 32 reviews

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I was traveling with Costa Favolosa and 22 February I had an appointment with Akeem to make diving and snorkeling with my family and two friends. I had booked 2 months ago via email from Italy. I confirmed the reservation a week earlier, on February 15 and Akeem replied that there was no problem and that I would wait in the location agreed that out of the port to the left.
Akeem did not show up to the appointment. It gave me two phone numbers that I called and no one knew of our reservation.
I went diving. dilapidated and ugly structure. Who was there then he called Akeem who apologized saying he was in the hospital!
Unreliable and not credible person. nonexistent organization. For what I could see, you probably should not have been diving with Kenneth Dive Center.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

I dove with Kenneth. He is extremely patient, professional and provides a safe and enjoyable experience.

I have used this dive operator every time I am in St Kitts and am never disappointed. I look forward to my next dive with Kenneth and his staff.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Staff was patient, thorough and safe.
Hugely recommend this dive center for any first timers who want to try scuba.
The safety checks and intro on the beach are a great beginning.
Some places offer the intro class at a pool and I strongly discourage that. Using scuba equipment in a pool is not the same as using it in the ocean.