“Fantastic property..................... But!!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kaka17
West Midlands
“Fantastic property..................... But!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I booked this property as a last minute getaway for Easter, it is a fabulous house, very modern, very clean & comfortable with all the amenities you could wish for except wifi, and lovely views to the rear, also only a 10 minute walk to the stunning beach at Black rock sands. However, there is a female "caretaker" mentioning no names, whom I must say was very helpful on arrival however, she literally watches the house on behalf of the owner, plus her own house overlooks from a short distance into the garden and into conservatory at the rear of the rental property. I have to say she certainly liked to keep an eye on the place..and blatent about it, ie: seperating her vertical blinds to look over, slowing down in her car to look into the property as she drove past etc, I appreciate she's looking after the house, but I felt it was an invasion of privacy and noticed that a few others who had rented this property previously had written similar things regarding being watched in the visitors book.. It made me feel as an adult that I wasn't trusted and "Big Brother" was watching me... It's a shame really, as she is the only reason I would not go back to this property, Maybe it's because I'm a very private person and felt I should have been able to enjoy my 4 night stay especially with the cost of the rental due to it being Easter, but I couldn't relax knowing I was being watched at her every opportunity. I would highly recommend the property if you can cope with the "Caretaker's" eyes.. I did leave a review to this effect on Sykes Cottages website when it was they requested I write a review, however, it has never been added to their online reviews page, or indeed have any similar reviews from the others who clearly felt they were being watched too. If so, I would have obviously chosen a different property. This is a fantastic house, I'm not writing all this to be nasty, it's just to be honest and let others know this is likely to happen to you too......It's your choice, just not the kind of thing I expected whilst renting a holiday home.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The modern clen house and location
Liked least: Being watched by the female
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Tr0picalH...
Manchester
“Great cottage”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Been in Porthmadog cottages over last few years & this is our favourite yet. Great decor v modern could just do with wifi

YorkPiano...
York
“Lovely place - a real home from home”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Super house. Really clean and light.
Favourite part is the large downstairs lounge & diner leading through to a lovely light and warm conservatory.
Very quiet estate, about 10-15 mins walk from beaches.
Really enjoyed our stay. Family with 2 kids (aged 11 and 14).
We did Llama Trekking, Pony Trekking, Hi-wire Zip flying (zip world) as well as lots of beach time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Large downstairs lounge & diner leading through to a lovely light and warm conservatory.
Liked least: Towels not provided (but we were told) and this is a really minor suggestion in an otherwise top-notch rental.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
culcheth
Reviewed 5 December 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Older travelers
Shrewsbury
Reviewed 2 December 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing