“Ate lunch and had a great view”
Review of Veranda

Veranda
Reserve with OpenTable
Veranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Veranda on Seven Mile Beach is a Beach Fish Grill located at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort. Our Cayman Islands restaurant offers a vintage inspired and Boho-Chic ambiance and in-style alfresco dinning. Simply done.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a nice place for lunch overlooking the ocean, part of the Marriott Beach resort. Nice view, good drinks, try a blueberry Margarita you will not be disappointed

Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Veranda, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Harold S, thanks for your generous feedback on Veranda. We appreciate your kind comments about our nice restaurant, great views and delicious drinks.

Our oceanfront restaurant is the perfect spot to gather with friends and loved ones to enjoy fresh and unique dishes with uninterrupted views of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. The ambience is priceless and I am glad that you enjoyed it!

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

You plan for weeks, for that special dinner with your girl. Romantic evening on the beach......
Get to the restaurant, they were catering to a wedding, cancelled our reservations and didn't give a damn.
So, neither do I.........
I am not sure what the worst grade you can give a restaurant..... but they got it.

Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Veranda, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear 366sammya, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority so I welcome you to contact our Director of Food & Beverage, Lee Parry, to discuss this in more detail. You can email him at Lee.Parry@marriott.com or call him on (345) 949-0088.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The food during our stay at the Marriott in Grand Cayman was awesome. We especially enjoyed the Fish Night at the Veranda, which happens on Sundays. There were several varieties of fresh fish to choose from. I had the Mahi and my fiancé did the snapper. Both were delicious! The service was equally amazing. Our waiter, Alwyn, was friendly and attentive. Our beverage glasses were always full and he checked back multiple times to make sure we had everything we needed. We also were celebrating a birthday. The dessert we were planning to order could not be made due to the remodeling going on, but they had something similar. We decided to skip dessert to get gelato inside the hotel, but Alwyn surprised my fiancé with a little slice of chocolate cake before we left. It was so thoughtful! The service and food at the Veranda was top notch! We will definitely be back on our next trip to Cayman.

Dear Marlo P, thanks for your positive feedback about our oceanfront restaurant Veranda. We appreciate your kind comments about our excellent service and awesome food.

Were you able to check out our signature Lobster Fete taking place on Wednesdays? Besides the delicious food, we are proud to feature well-known acoustic duo Hi-Tide. Their live performances, which include classic covers and original island-inspired music, add another magical element to the evening.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Aldwin in the veranda bar and restaurant is the best waiter we had ever met! So gentle and kind he is!
We ate really well in the veranda the two times we went
Thanks for everything

Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Veranda, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Maria Teresa D, thanks for your review of Veranda. We appreciate your kind comments about our kind staff and delicious food. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Allwyn – he will be thrilled that he made a lasting impression.

At our resort, our aim is to provide the ultimate Beach House experience and part of that is ensuring that we offer our guests the best customer service. We choose staff who are genuinely warm and kind. Based on our own experiences when we travel, we know how important it is to be surrounded by sincere and friendly people – besides your surroundings, it really is the people that make a difference on holiday.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We were surprised when we were told it was suggested we make reservations before we came, so we did. I guess during other times that might be necessary but there were about twice as many open tables as ones which were occupied. The server was great, friendly and helpful. The view was amazing and even though it was cloudy the sunset was spectacular! It was my mother-in-laws birthday, so the server brought her out a piece of cake after dinner which was nice. The bread they served was very good and the best thing I ate all night. The grouper was a good size and fairly tasty but super salty. My father in law got a shrimp pasta dish that he said was nothing special and I got the seafood dish that just ok. I wish they had a scallop dish because that was the best part of the dish but there was only 1. When you are paying over $30 per dish I would expect a higher quality and taste. If rating was just on food I would give it a 2.5 and view and service a 4.5. I want to give it overall 3.5 but I had to be honest and go with 3 since it was average.

Dear Geoff Z, thanks for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about our friendly and helpful staff, amazing views and great service.

However, I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with aspects of your dining experience at Veranda. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority so I welcome you to contact our Director of Food & Beverage, Lee Parry, to discuss your experience in more detail. You can email him at Lee.Parry@marriott.com or call him on (345) 949-0088.