“Best Stretch of beach on Grand Cayman”
Review of Silver Sands

Silver Sands
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We are on Grand Cayman 3-5 times a year for business/pleasure and this was our first experience with Silver Sands. We wanted a quieter area on 7MB and we couldn't have asked for a better location, beach or unit. The gardens and tennis courts are beautifully maintained and the wide, wide stretch of beach is manicured daily. While the units are a little older than some on 7MB they are roomy and very clean. Could not have asked for a better location for a relaxing vacation and we will be back.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 February 2010

The entire staff is beyond accomidating. They go above and beyond to make it feel like a home away from home. The family I travel with stay here every year.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I zeroed in at staying on North Seven Mile Beach. The south side was rockier and busier than I wanted. Central SMB was too expensive and crowded. That left the North side. And since I wanted to keep all 7 of us in one condo, that left two options – Silver Sands Condos and another one. I called the other one first and they told me I could have a max of 6 people in a unit. When I asked if they could allow 7 since 3 of them were kids, they said no and tried to talk me into renting a SECOND condo (I don’t know why they wouldn’t work with me since it was the slow season). I turned them down and moved to Silver Sands. Boy, did I luck out. The Silver Sands property was absolutely beautiful. It was perfectly landscaped and as I later discovered, it had a much larger beachfront than many of the condos in the area. It was so large and so far from the crowds that we rarely saw anyone at all. It was like having the beach to ourselves. And with the large trees there, we had plenty of shade while still enjoying the beautiful view. Even better, it was just 100 yards from Cemetery Beach and the beautiful reef there. I could enter the water at Silver Sands and swim directly to the reef in very little time. The units themselves were very nice and suited our needs perfectly. Everyone had a private room and private bathroom, there was maid service, and the kitchen had everything we needed. The balcony overlooked the beautiful turquoise water and we saw everything from pirate ships to waterspouts as a storm passed. Who needed the TV? The only drawbacks were the roosters nearby. They would crow at 5 – 5:30 am and wake the kids, my wife, and I up. By the third day we figured out we could drown out their noise by turning on the AC fan. The staff, though cordial, wasn’t particularly chatty. They didn’t volunteer any information unless I specifically asked about it. Despite this, I’d go back there in a heartbeat. I was amazed because I didn’t hear much talk about this condo online and many of the locals didn’t know where it was. Maybe I should keep it a secret!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasAggie95
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We just returned from a week at the Silver Sands Condos, on Grand Cayman. We were pleasantly surprised how much we enjoyed our stay. The Condo is not a brand new condo, but it is comfortably furnished and it was very clean when we arrived. We were there over Easter so the staff had Good Friday, Easter Sunday, and Easter Monday off. Despite that we were not in need of anything.
The Beach is huge almost 200yards. It was well equipped with grass hut cabanas, volleyball court, a Gazebo, and some beautiful shade trees.
Only 14 of the 42 units are rented out it ,and it seemed to be only half full. The pool was nice 25 X 50 approx. Plenty of chaise lounges around the pool and on the beach.
The flowers were in bloom on the property and it had a well manicured lawn.
We rented unit #42 (3 bedrrom 3 bath unit on the second floor) , and it had a great view of the ocean, which was only 50yards away.
The price reflected the fact that this property is not brand new, but it was an incredible value. We almost booked one of the newer units in central region of 7 mile beach, but I was glad we didn't, because we were not lacking anthing. The extra $400/night was put to use on transportation and meals.
We ate out everynight, and did not have a bad meal or bad service. The people of the Caymans are wonderful hosts. We were always greeted with smiles, and we never felt we were being patronized.
After spending some cold Easter breaks in Florida we were glad we opted for warm weather and hospitality of Grand Cayman.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HammerHawk
Reviewed 22 January 2009

The Silver Sands Condos are a great place to stay on Grand Cayman, especially if you want to snorkel. You can easily snorkel right off the beach, and a very short walk down the beach puts you on Cemetary Beach, which has good snorkeling as well. Our condo (#35) was very spacious, clean, and quiet. The pool was a bit chilly, and there is no hot tub, if you like that sort of thing. A big grocery store is very close, just up the road a bit. Gwenda was very helpful during our stay. Housekeeping came once during our three-night stay, but the condo got cleaned up nicely.

Stayed: January 2009