All reviews tortuga grill coffee exchange across the street grand cayman pool bar island view resort fee red sail sunset cruise guest rooms rum cake construction noise room upgrade great resort an umbrella water sports partial ocean view
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my wife went for a weekend getaway and stayed in room 259 on 10/12-10/14. The hotel is beautiful in & out (very new). The service was average, maybe because we booked through Expedia. Staff was not warm and welcoming. When booking online the price did not include resort fee, everything was a extra charge at the Westin. Cocktails were terrible (very weak) and way overpriced. Nothing special at the breakfast buffet ($26 per person plus tips for a free holiday inn like breakfast). Everything is way overpriced and service is lacking big time. I loved the island and will return, sadly I will be looking to stay elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2018
WestinGrandCayman, General Manager at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bruno, while I’m delighted to know that you enjoyed our beautiful property, I am dismayed that other frustrations affected the enjoyment of your stay. Our staff is eager to warmly welcome each guest, regardless of how they arranged their stay, and I apologize that your experience didn’t reflect our high service standards. It’s disappointing that you didn’t find value in your stay, and I would encourage you to check our website for value-added deals and special offers. We truly hope you consider giving us another opportunity to leave you with a better impression.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

I spent a few nights at this location. The hotel lobby is beautifully designed and well laid out. It also smells amazing! The customer service is great as well; from check in, forward, the team is incredible. The breakfast buffet is great. I ordered the mango ribs and the red snapper during my stay. They were both great. The beach area is wonderful and the cabanas are great. The service on the beach was a little slow however. I ordered a cobb salad that was just okay. The lettuce didn't seem very fresh.

I did have problems with my room though: ants, smoke detector falling off the wall, dirty surfaces in the bathroom, mildew covering the shower head, water leaking under the bathroom sink, failure to leave proper towels after room was cleaned and finally an episode of keys not working. I try not to complain but did report the ants and the water leak which were immediately taken care of. Then I came back after a long day and my keys didn't work and towels were missing. I then reported the other items and they too were taken care of. It's exhausting to try to move rooms so I'm glad they took care of the items.

Overall, I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the resort for the cost of the room + the daily resort fees. I've had much better for far less. I think I'll try a different resort on my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank KendraDawnRN

Kendra, it was a pleasure to welcome you to the Seven Mile Beach, and we thank you for taking a moment to share a detailed review of your recent experience at our resort. While we were delighted that the tropical ambiance, your dining experiences, and the superlative level of attentive customer service impressed throughout the duration of your stay, it was disappointing to know that the upkeep of our accommodations and overall level of maintenance fell short of exceeding expectations. We strive to always provide every guest with a flawless experience, starting with a clean and comfortable place to relax and recharge while enjoying our picturesque paradise, and we empathize with the frustration you encountered. Once reported, it was pleasing to know that our team members were able to turn your experience around, but we do appreciate you bringing these oversights to our attention once more to ensure similar situations are not repeated in the future. We truly hope that you will reconsider and give our resort another opportunity to truly impress the next time your travels return you to Grand Cayman Island.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

I compared the Westin to the Ritz and the Kimpton Seafire while on this trip. The Westin is still superior by far! The beach is larger and better than the other hotels, best pool, excellent staff, good food options.
The Kids Club was closed during our stay, which was a big disappointment. Also, the spa facilities need a major upgrade to include a quiet relaxation area, snacks & drinks, a jacuzzi for the men’s area, locker room attendant, and nicer showers. I felt like I was in a dirty locker room from the public pool.
Overall, the Westin is still the best choice for my picky family! The kids had a blast.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Katie C

Katie, we are thrilled to hear that our beautiful resort, incredible service, delicious dining and beautiful beach exceeded your expectations and earned us the “Best Choice” for your family! We appreciate your glowing review, and the suggestion about the spa facilities. Please visit us again soon at the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa!

Reviewed 11 October 2018

This resort is truly lovely! It is a great place to relax, enjoy family time and surround yourself with wonderful views. The beach is beautiful and all the amenities in the hotel are impressive. Staff is kind and very helpful. Resort activities (especially the yoga on the beach) are great. Many activities for kids too!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my mom for her 60th birthday. The resort was beautiful, especially the beach. All of the staff members were nice. They even brought us a bottle of wine and dessert our first two nights. We didn’t eat dinner on the property but did get breakfast at the coffee exchange each morning and the food served on the beach was good. It was easy to take the bus right outside the hotel to get to downtown Georgetown. The first day we got two drinks at the bar and it’s was $46...the only disappointment of our trip. The happy hour is good, they have $6 select drinks and 2 for 1 local beers. Overall would come back and stay here again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
WestinGrandCayman, General Manager at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Allie, we are so thrilled that you allowed us to be part of your special birthday getaway with your mom, and that our luxurious property, helpful service, stunning beach and thoughtful touches surpassed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, and we hope to become part of more of your birthday celebrations!