All reviews tortuga grill coffee exchange across the street grand cayman pool bar island view resort fee red sail sunset cruise guest rooms rum cake construction noise room upgrade great resort an umbrella water sports partial ocean view
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We have been to the Caymans several times. The Westin is now our hotel /resort of choice. Great location, Great facilities and friendly staff. It's the Caymans so everything is expensive compared to the States. We loved the pool area (not too big or to small), beach area was nice with staff to help you with chairs, loungers and umbrellas. We will be returning to the Westin!

Room Tip: you have to have a Beach view room.... 3rd floor or higher. The pool walkout rooms also looked great
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
WestinGrandCayman, General Manager at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

We are grateful you have chosen the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa as your Grand Cayman choice hotel. It was wonderful to read that our location, amenities and our staff’s great hospitality enhanced your vacation. We can’t wait to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the island.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

So the beach is beautiful.

Our group dinner was good, but not exceptional.

The staff was a 2 out of 5 for friendliness. Most tried their best not to make eye contact and many times a Luke warm greeting was give. For the room rate I expected a better response.

In fairness, I have to say Anthony at check in was very accommodating.

When I first arrived at 3PM my room was not ready so I went to one of the restaurants. I sat for 15 minutes or so working on my International call package before I realized no one had approached me since the hostess sat me. I got up and walked over to someone cleaning up where a lunch buffet had been. The waitress who showed up had a major attitude. I had to ask for the bill again from someone else as she had disappeared. Then she was miffed that I could not give her a room number and had to run a different ticket as I was not going to room charge (like it was my fault)!

That night the toilet overflowed (liquid only thank God). The man used bath towels to clean up and did not spray antiseptic soap or the like.

The next day I used the pool bathroom and gross is not far from the proper description. Poor lighting and ventilation with paper all over the floor.

Rooms were nice, except for the aforementioned toilet situation.

Pools and beach top notch.

Marriott down the beach is much nicer in my opinion. Smaller and rooms/pool/beach not as good, but much nicer staff. Food and service in restaurants much better at Marriott and no, I am not a shill for them.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank jbrile
WestinGrandCayman, General Manager at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Providing exceptional service is always a top priority for us, so we were disappointed to read that certain aspects of our stay were not positive. Your feedback has been shared with our management team so we can learn from your encounter and improve the areas that may need our extra attention. Thank you, and we do hope you'll reconsider and give our resort another chance to offer you a great stay.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

we were there from April 9-16 and had a great time. The rooms are not nice, and I knew that going in, as this is my third stay at the Westin. After taxes we were paying about $600/night per room ( we needed two) and I wouldn't pay half that rate if this hotel wasn't on a perfect beach. The pool area is right on the beach and the renovation is gorgeous. Also easy for the kids to run back and forth from beach to pool and have a great time. The water is so calm that our 2 year old could swim in the ocean in just a life jacket. we looked at 3 other hotels - Marriott beachfront was way too small, the ritz was too pricey as we needed 2 rooms. the other problem with the ritz is that if you get an island view room you are literally across the street so you are paying $900 per night per room (going rate for island view while we were there) and you have a REALLY far walk to the beach. Also the beachfront at ritz seemed much more crowded. The new Kimpton looks gorgeous but the reef looks pretty close to shore so not great for swimming (snorkeling is maybe good). i cant wait until the rooms are renovated, and I really hope they don't jack up the prices when it is done bc all of the loyal visitors to this westin have been putting up with rooms worthy of about $150 and paying $$$$ bc of the beach. Great staff - I can't say enough- Marcello at the beach was our favorite, at one point he was walking our kids to the snowcones and had 4 kids following him. Also great job on the egg hunt and kids club. Go for the fabulous beach and great staff, and suck it up with the rooms. Also - go eat lunch at the sunshine grill across the street - one of the best restaurants on the island. great drinks, fish tacos, burgers, etc.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank katieh40

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa for spring break. It certainly sounds like everyone, including the youngest travelers, enjoyed their beach vacation. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions and praises for our staff. Marcello and the rest of the team will be happy you remarked on their great hospitality. We hope you will visit with us again; we trust you will love our new stylish guestroom renovation.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Stayed 4 nights. Hotel is perfectly located on gorgeous beach. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and very accommodating. Price was quite reasonable. Would highly recommend for couples and families. They have a kids' club while you enjoy the beach.
Only suggestion is they should have some organized beach/pool activities for those who want it.

Room Tip: Some rooms have beach views, ask if you don't get one. Only 5 floors, but noise not a problem.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review for our resort and friendly staff. We are thrilled you had such a great time on our beautiful stretch of the Seven Mile Beach. We would like to share that there are activities for guests to enjoy poolside but it's clear from your comments that you had missed them. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa!

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Totally worth booking a day use room on a cruise.

Tip - look ahead for your cruise from the Port Authority website. We learned the day we were at Grand Cayman, there would be four ships, and it would be the busiest day of the month with cruisers. That made us decide to get a private resort access, rather than trying to take just a taxi to the public part of Seven Mile Beach.

The day use room was affordable and the same price for four guests, or two, so we invited some new friends we had met and shared the cost. Our room was for the day, and this gave us a room to use, and access to the services. We had an umbrella and loungers for each of us, two towels each and used their water toys as well. We had lunch at their poolside restaurant, which was delicious.

If we're back on a cruise - I'll stay here and get this access again.

Tip - If you're looking to go to Seven Mile Beach, and want to avoid the insanity of a tourist crush - book this space, you will not regret it. Our day use room included all services and cost less than $240 USD, a bargain considering renting chairs (if available) could have been over $120 USD and in a very busy public part of the beach.

Tip - wifi is also included, and it is fast an excellent - so that's just another added perk.

Room Tip: Reserve a day use room - it was perfect for what we needed off the cruise!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa for your day in Grand Cayman. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and found the services just perfect for you! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again!