5,992 results
All reviews anchor den veranda restaurant turtle lagoon crepes courtyard view grand cayman lobster night reef balls fish artificial reef cotton candy gelato red sail resort fee all you can eat across the street an umbrella
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

Excellent food, accommodation and service, would highly recommend and compares very well to other hotels on seven mile beach. Nice pool, all facilities are of the highest standard.
Wide variety of food, The Staff are all very friendly and will really make your stay.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Marriott_GrandCayman, Director of Operations at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

Dear David G, thanks for your feedback. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your time at our Beach House! We appreciate your kind comments about our excellent food, friendly staff and nice facilities.

I am also so glad that you enjoyed your dining experiences at our resort. Were you able to try out our unlimited Lobster Fete on Wednesdays at Veranda? From the Lobster Thermidor to Lobster Mac and Cheese, there is a huge variety to choose from and the dishes are always made fresh to order. You should definitely check it out the next time you visit us!

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you and you family back at our resort soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

Seven Mile Beach is as good as it gets and this Marriott property is its equal. The service is top notch at every level -- and do yourself a favor and understand the 15% Caymanian surcharge prior to getting to the island (in forums here). From the bartenders and waitresses to the servers hustling on the beach, you will have an outstanding experience at this resort.

Marriott appears to be introducing a new "Beach Club" concept at this hotel. Its recent makeover (Nov 2014) is beautiful yet understated. The lobby itself is an oasis, leading to a serene courtyard which gives way to the beach tableau and its turquoise waters. We will definitely return to this property one day. If you are torn between Marriott and the Ritz, then save your money and stay here. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you aren't oceanfront, then the courtyard is not a bad view at all
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MauiBound53

Dear MauiBound53, thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are really grateful your generous comments about our top-notch customer service.

As you mentioned, we aim to provide the ultimate Beach House Experience and along with our new design and beautiful décor, we offer a one-of-its-kind culinary experience as well a fun activity program for guests of all ages, including beach bonfires, movie screenings under the stars and star gazing with a knowledgeable guide. We want help cultivate experiences and memories that will stay with our guests long after the vacation is over.

Thank you again for noticing our new look – we are so proud of it and love to hear positive feedback from our guests. We appreciate you choosing Marriott and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Spent a week at the Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort in July 2015. It was perfect in every way!
Everyone was super nice...from the bell hops to the desk clerks, the entire staff!!!
Rooms were awesome and clean!
The most beautiful beach is perfect and access is a few steps from the lobby!
Will definitely return!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 964gary
Marriott_GrandCayman, Director of Operations at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Dear 964gary, thanks for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had an incredible time at our Beach House! We appreciate your kind comments about our super nice staff, awesome rooms and beautiful beach.

Did you have the chance to watch a few Cayman sunsets from our beach during you stay? We like to make a ‘ritual’ out of it by setting up colorful chairs and sofas right along the beachfront at the end of the day so guests have the perfect picture opportunity as the sun goes down. We hope that you were able to experience it!

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

All the best

Reviewed 16 July 2015

As what can usually be expected from Marriott resorts, this property met my expectations. It's not a "blow-you away" or most amazing hotel by far, but it does deliver on quality. The lobby is rather new. The front desk area, although quite minimalistic, is functional. The front desk staff are sharply dressed in seersucker blazers and everyone is very friendly. I was surprised with the amount of foreign workers on the property and wondered why there weren't any native residents from the Cayman Islands employed at this establishment. The rooms are average in terms of size and style and reminiscent of 3-Star properties at other locations. The bathroom again, although functional, is very mundane with a simple tub/curtain combo, toilet, and sink area. The water pressure is quite nice, which is very important. In my opinion, the three most important things inside an actual hotel room are the air-conditioning, bedding, and water pressure. At this Marriott, the A/C and water pressure were exceptional. The bedding, however, was a tad disappointing. I was quite surprised as Marriott properties usually have extremely comfortable beds. The bed itself also seemed smaller than a king, even though we had a king room. We had a courtyard view with a really small balcony. Unfortunately, I couldn't upgrade to an ocean view room as they were sold out. The beach area, although very packed with guests, had available chairs and umbrellas every day. The pool is VERY small but nice and warm. The beach attendants were prompt, friendly, and the drinks were made well. The drinks are priced exactly what you would expect for a resort. The hotels food options are sufficient and the quality of the food is quite good. My personal favorites were their tasty lobster quesadillas and seafood tacos! I also loved their fresh flaky croissants and quiches available in the lobby for a quick breakfast. Beachside gelato and complimentary evening s'mores with bonfire was a nice touch. The room service menu for lunch and dinner is too limited but what they do have is tasty. The beach itself is very Caribbean-esque with tranquil clear waters. They have nice round floating devices and platforms in the beach area which are great for relaxing. The resort has complimentary use of GoPro cameras and snorkeling equipment'; although we brought our own. You must, must snorkel the waters right off the beach. They created an artificial reef and there is abundant sea life. We even saw a sea turtle! There is an on-site beach rental company (Red Sail) right in the pool area. They can set you up with typical beach resort stuff like kayaks, paddle boards, parasailing, jet skiing, snorkel trips, scuba diving trips, and sunset sails. We used them only for kayaks which was fun. We used Captain Marvin's for our snorkel trip to stingray city, coral gardens, and another reef site. They pick you up at the hotel and it was about $40 or $45 per person. This was much cheaper than those offered through Red Sail and had an additional reef stop, which was more important for me. The vibrancy, marine diversity, health, and condition of those reefs were one of the best I've seen anywhere in the Caribbean. Unfortunately, my husband is not a certified scuba diver, so I only experienced these reefs by snorkeling. But I definitely will return to dive their world-renowned dive sites. Overall, we had a great time on this (our first) trip to Grand Cayman. Some important tips, no need to convert or obtain Cayman currency from ATMs. They take U.S. dollars everywhere, including the easy to obtain taxi from the airport along with bars and restaurants throughout the island. We live in Miami and will definitely be back thanks to the proximity. We would love to try the Ritz-Carlton on our return. This Marriot, again, although not the most high-end of beach properties did meet our expectations and would recommend it to those coming to Grand Cayman.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SouthBeachGuy

Dear SouthBeachGuy, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your recommendation and are delighted that you enjoyed your time at our resort.

At our hotel, we do our best to provide our guests with the ultimate Beach House experience by creating a fun and relaxed atmosphere where loved ones can spend quality time together. I am glad that you liked snorkeling in the Artificial Reef Project, located just a stone’s throw away from our beachfront. Many of our guests tell us that they really enjoy exploring the man-made reef balls and often bring breadcrumbs to feed the colorful fish that surround the area.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you and your husband back again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

We were welcomed with open arms at the door by Howard and Nelson who are so friendly. Then Alex was great at checking us in and gave us a cell phone to let us know when our room would be ready, since we arrived a bit early @ 1pm and check in time is not till 4pm. They had our room ready at around 2pm. We really liked the $50/day credit on food that we got upon booking that we used on crepes, drinks, and meals. Everything we had at hotel tasted great! The room is nice, the bed a bit springy. I recommend a courtyard or ocean view on a higher floor. The beach is beautiful and has a nice snorkel and paddle boarding area with a few floats. The location is great, and I would definitely recommend a rental car to get around the island. You just have to get used to driving on the left.

Now, the only glitch had to do with the person in charge of the kids activities. My wife took my 2 daughters to get some complimentary braids by the pool today at 11:30 and did not feel very welcomed. The braid session was from 9-12 and the woman gave my wife a frustrating look, so my wife asked if they were too late, and the woman said, "Well you got here...I only have 30 minutes left" She had 2 other girls waiting, so I just told my wife to forget it. I understood her frustration, I just think she should not show it or could have handled it better. Maybe they should incorporate a sign up sheet.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank eric2000f

Dear eric2000f, thanks for your review. We are delighted that you and your family had a nice stay with us. We appreciate your lovely comments about our welcoming staff, good food, nice rooms, beautiful beach and great location.

Did you and your family have the chance to take advantage of our complimentary Go-Pro rentals? They are such a fun way to capture and document your memories on vacation. I also appreciate you telling me about your daughters’ experience when they went to get their hair braided. I have shared your observations with the team and we are looking into how we can improve this service for our guests.

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to see you again soon!