We stay at Marriott for a total of 9 nights - departing on 8/6/12. There were 4 of us (including our 2 teenage boys) along with our best friends. Overall the service we received was very good. The absolute highlight of the service was Nelson who greeted us as we arrived at the hotel. We were all very tired after 13 hours of traveling and he immediately made us feel welcomed. To our surprise and pleasure, we ran into Nelson almost everyday as he was also a supervisor of housekeeping. He even came and vacuumed our room after we got sand from the beach every where. The people at registration were also very nice (I forgot her name but I think she was from Brazil). Zartan from the bar was also really great and provided some great dinner recommendations - especially Ragazzi!
The down side as most everyone has commented on is the beach area. If you want a beach chair in the front row, you need to be down there by at least 7:30 a.m. You also need to expect that you will be very close to your neighbor. After the first day, we got use to it and since we got up early and had chairs where we wanted them (on the far end of the hotel), we were fine. With that said, I would suggest bringing your own beach towel as the hotel was almost always running short on them. The water is amazing and the snorkling was great. We even did night snorkling and saw a ton of stuff.
As far as the rooms go, we had an ocean front room and I was glad that we paid the extra money for the upgrade. The views are amazing. We were on the 4th floor. On the down side of the rooms, since we had 4 people in our room, we had two double beds and they were really too small to be comfortable in. Marriott really needs to put 2 queen beds instead of doubles as there is definitely room to do this. We slept terrible because the beds were so small. The other issue is definitely the bathrooms as the lighting is terrible and there is absolutely no storage anywere - no drawers or cabinets (although there is clearly enough room to add them). The rooms were cleaned timely every day though which was nice. The hallways are really old and need upgrading as well.
Food and drinks around the hotel are very expensive so we went to the local market to get beer and stuff to save money (but I will warn you, this is even still more expensive than you would think). We did the all you can eat lobster night and it was excellent and worth the money. We had differnt things to choose from and included sparkling wine. We ate at Coconut Joes across the street a few times and the food was very good and the prices were definitely better than Marriott but still more expensive than you would expect. Breakfast for 4 was still around $60-$70 US dollars and then add a couple bloody mary's and you are over $100. Cimbucco (sp?) was also another good option and a little cheaper than Coconut Joes for breakfast and the food was excellent. PLEASE NOTE - Before going to a restaurant for dinner, call first and make sure they are open. On two different nights, people around the hotel made suggestions for dinner and said we didn't need to make reservations but after we walked all the way there, we found out they were closed... You would have thought we learned our lesson the first time it happened to us but obviously we didn't... If you don't have reservations, call the restaurant before you walk there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Caribbean - Cayman Islands