“Great trip to Stingray City”

Stingray Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: Stingray Watersports, Grand Cayman's most flexible dive operation. From our 2 boats we cater for all your diving needs. Our TwinVee, max capacity 6, runs our unique diveshuttle, a 1 tank quick turnaround service, to West Bay and North Walls. No buddy, no problem, we'll dive with you. Our 46ft Newton is ideal for larger dive group and fishing charters. Dive courses, beginner upto technical, and accommodation packages available.
Reviewed 9 January 2016

Our cruise stopped in Georgetown for the day and 7 of us wanted to visit Stingray city. We didn't want to be on a boat with 75 other people so I started researching other options and came across Stingray Watersports and contacted Duncan. We met him and the other guide at a small marina and headed out first to Starfish point. The weather was very windy the day we visited. Their boat blew right thru the chop in no time at all we were checking out the starfish. After a brief visit we headed to Stingray City. I think I counted 6 cruise ships anchored that day so it was very crowded at the sandbar. No matter, only a few minutes after anchoring Duncan was surrounded by stingrays and we got to take turns feeding them and touching their velvety skin. Truly a unique experience. Because of the wind occasionally some 2-3' rollers would come across the sandbar. This made it hard to stand for the shorter ones in our group but we all had a great time.

Don't go on a boat with 50-75 others when you can get a boat to yourselves for roughly the same price. The only thing to beware of is taxi rides aren't cheap. It was $8 a person each way to the marina.

All reviews
"dives"
in 15 reviews
"scheduling"

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Stingray Watersports is the best dive operator I have ever encountered in the Caribbean. My family of three decided to go on a last minute dive vacation in July. Duncan set everything up over the phone. Shaggy is a great dive master, accommodating, professional, friendly and truly cares about making your dive vacation perfect. I have traveled and dove thought much of the Carribean over the past 30 years and rank these guys at the top of my list. The equipment, boats, guides and the whole experience were excellent. We did a fantastic night dive with Shaggy and four morning two tank boat dives; every dive was great. Thanks Shaagy and Pierre for an unforgettable experience.

1  Thank KenS2154
Reviewed 10 June 2015

World class service. I would recommend this experience to anyone. This is truly a first class experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2015

It was a wonderful time with the family, something I will always remember. Duncan and his staff were wonderful. My children are of the age where it is difficult to get everyone together for one day, let alone 10 days.

The house was everything you imagined it would be and more. We are a family of six and fit great. The house had a great kitchen. My daughter got PADI certified right in the pool on the premise. The dive organization is set up on both sides of the island so that no matter the weather you can get in a great dive. A no stress environment is created once you tell Duncan what you want. He doesn’t miss a trick, he takes it from there. I look forward to going back terribly.

Mike Z.

Long Island NY

1  Thank Michael Z
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2015

We stayed at Coconut Bay Condos and had a great time. Shaggy was just awesome, great guy with a great personality. We are inexperienced divers and Shaggy took us diving a couple times right out from coconut bay and was so much fun. I've dove with others and he showed us cool stuff, pointed out lots of things that we didn't even notice. Really wanted us to enjoy the experience! We also did the Stingray City tour and had a blast. It was one of the coolest experiences to be able to feed, hold and kiss the stingray. They took us out at a time of day when there weren't a lot of cruise ship tourist so we really got to experience all the stingray's. Highly recommend staying at coconut bay if you want to save some money. It's a short drive to the beach or anywhere and the snorkeling, diving on the west end is great. Thanks for everything!