“All Good Except the Order of Courses and Valet Parking”
Review of Luca Restaurant

Luca Restaurant
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: LUCA Restaurant presents an impressive contemporary Italian menu in a sleek upscale interior and canopied patio with breathtaking views of the infinity pool to Seven Mile Beach and the Caribbean Sea beyond.
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We try to eat at Luca every time we are in Grand Cayman. The setting and view are wonderful and the food has never disappointed. This visit was no exception. We enjoyed a nice outside table where we were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset. We were promptly served drinks and appetizers. There was an reasonable amount of time between appetizers and the delivery of the next course, which should have been our our salads, but when the servers arrived it was not with not our salads, but instead with our entrees. When we told our server we had not yet receive our salads, she seemed surprised and took the entrees away. We then had to wait for salads which threw the timing and the enjoyment of the dinner off. After our salads, our entrees reappeared. Based on past dining experiences, if issues like this have come up, we have usually been offered the salads complementary or maybe a complementary dessert. Not only did that not happen, but we were never even given an apology. The entrees including the red snapper and pasta special were all served hot, beautifully presented and were all delicious. The molten chocolate and apple strudel desserts were wonderful as well, but the experience with the timing on the salads put a cloud on the experience. The restaurant offers complementary valet parking but the congestion up front in the valet area was a nightmare between people trying to pick up their cars, drop off their cars and taxis dropping off and picking up and there was a 20 minute delay to get our car after dinner.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We always eat at Luca on our visits to Grand Cayman. This time the food was excellent. Everyone loved everything we got. Service was very good too. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

This place is an amazing place to have sunday brunch. Lovely spread of amazing food and great drinks.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Luca gets rave reviews but we were disappointed. Very, very expensive for average food. The ambiance is gorgeous, and you pay for it! We would not go back.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I recently had my wedding reception at Luca and I knew from the beginning of the planning process it was going to be the perfect place for our big evening! I cannot say enough about this place!

The Service: Laura really listened to what we wanted. Our goal was to give our guests the best experience at a wedding reception they have ever had and their service surpassed our expectations! The servers made sure my husband and I never had an empty glass... and I believe they did the same for each and every guest! They even had custom menus printed at each seat.

The Food: Our 6 different appetizers were DELICIOUS! Top notch seafood! One of our first course options was butternut squash soup and it was by far the best soup I've ever tasted! I expected the second course to be on the smaller size given the prestige of the restaurant and boy was I wrong! We were WELL fed with lots of gourmet food that evening! We had 3 second course options and my husband and I chose 2 different ones... they plated our third option for us without us even asking! Even our late night canapés of grilled cheese sandwiches and tiny cheeseburgers were memorable.

The Venue: We had 43 guests and had cocktail hour, dinner and first dances on the patio/green space. It was spacious yet intimate and a beautiful location to witness sunset. We moved inside for the bar and dancing all night long --- the perfect amount of space for a cool, modern wine bar vibe.

I highly encourage visitors to try Luca regardless if they are planning a wedding there or not!