All reviews wine hour social hour beach restaurant grand cayman rooms are modern ocean view paddle boards fitness classes calico jacks main restaurant tostada turn down service bottle of champagne the ritz beautiful property moment you arrive pool bar
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Our family of four spent five days at the Kimpton Seafire. It was a wonderful vacation in a gorgeous setting. The resort is new and clean and lovely. Our room was very comfortable (Frette linens and robes!), beautiful, and the service was impeccable. We used snorkeling gear (covered by the $60/day/room resort fee) just off the beach and at Cemetery Beach to the north, coupled with a fantastic lunch at the Heritage Kitchen. We also booked several fun excursions through Rhonda with Red Sail at the concierge desk. Even though it was spring break, it never felt too crowded at the beach, pool, or in the restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Jennifer,
We are so happy to know you enjoyed your vacations with us, thank you for sharing your experience, I love Heritage Kitchen, great local spot to try some caribbean dishes with ocean view.
come back to see us soon!
cheers

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Just returned from a 7 day stay at Kimptin cayman island.... this resort is amazing. From the minute you walk through the front doors you realize this is a fabulous place. Te resort is beautiful as expected (just over a year old) but the staff is what makes this resort extra special. They cant do enough for you to make your stay perfect. I honestly have never stayed at a resort with a more pleasant group of people.
The resort is perfect (yes perfect) !!! the rooms are large with great views and have all the modern conveniences you could want. What was most impressive was the cleanliness everywhere. From the beach to the room to all the social areas it was absolutely immaculate.
There are a lot of great open areas to sit and enjoy relaxing (after getting your coffee in lobby that is set up every morning complementary) or the wine and horderves in the evening) when not at pool or beach. What I loved was I didn't have to get up at 5am and rush to get a chair at beach or pool like other resorts... the Kimpton has more than enough chairs and umbrellas around pool and at beach for all guest.
7 mile beach is great... crystal clear calm water.

There are a lot of resort choices but I cant say enough about the Kimpton . It is worth it in every way!!

Room Tip: honestly you cant go wrong with any room you will have a nice view!
1  Thank lynnv3
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi There,
You just brought so much joy to our day! thanks a million for this outstanding review!! Honestly the best part is to know you had such a "perfect" vacation. You deserve it! I am extremely happy to know that we were part of it in different ways.
Please come back to see us soon again, remember your Seafire family is waiting for you, right here, in your home away from home.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Returned to Grand Cayman after a 10 year gap and chose the Seafire Resort. Amazing choice. We stayed five nights and it was a spectacular getaway. The hotel and grounds are gorgeous as is its location on the beach. The design and decor is fabulous...first class. We had a super room on the 7th floor overlooking the pool and beach....inside and out on the balcony were so welcoming, calm and spacious. Staff are very professional and helpful. Only suggestion would be for an adult only pool as it gets very noisy from children in the pool. The beach bar/restaurant was excellent and great choice for lunch. We had drinks in the bar one night and it was really special. Breakfast outdoors on the patio was always topnotch and their buffet excellent. Concierge always attentive and helpful. Although the hotel is expensive you really get your money's worth and even staying three nights would be spectacular. Will return to Seafire soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the sea and away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

HI There,
10 years! you must have seen a lot of changes on the island. Thank you for the spectacular review of our property and specially our staff! most importantly I am so glad you had a memorable trip and we will see you back soon! That is definitely good news.
We look forward to have you again with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My wife and I came for our babymoon and had a really nice visit. The property itself is new (~18 months) which is definitely a plus. The rooms are very nice: facing the ocean is certainly preferable to the northern sea view but both looked great. Even though the hotel was busy / at capacity, I also really liked how it’s easy to get chairs by the beach and pool (as opposed to having to wake up early and fight for them as has been the case at other tropical destinations). The best meals we had were sitting down for lunch at Coccoloba (chicken quesadillas were so good we got them everyday).

When I read other reviews, I saw a grievance or two relating to the resort fee ($60/day) or built-in gratuity (10%) on top of the room rate (I guess it depends what site you’re getting quoted by) but as long as you know you’re paying all-in upfront, hopefully there are no surprises and I will say we appreciated some of things the resort fee came with, like access to non-motorized equipment for the ocean (e.g. kayaks) and the 5pm happy hours.

For being a relatively new property, you might experience a kink or two but overall things were wonderful, the service was great and we can definitely see ourselves coming back.

Special thanks to Claire (reception), Tomoy (restaurant/pool), Alex (beach), Ollie (manager) and Paolo for helping make our vacation great.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Jeff,
Congratulations on your baby! what a bless. I hope you had the best babymoon.
Coccoloba is the best scenario for Caribbean lunches! I am so happy to know you loved the views.
I am Glad you enjoyed your room, our Social Hour and our non-motorized toys at the beach, it is such a good fun right here at our beach. Thank you for the name mentions of some of our best peeps her at Seafire, we will make sure they hear all about it!
We look forward to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This was hands down one of the best spring break experiences that I have ever had. To start off, the hotel was immaculate. Each room was spacious, the bathroom was amazing, and a balcony that looked into either the ocean or the North Sound. The hotel staff was also amazing, always checking in and making sure that my father and I had enough water, towels, or just needed anything in general. Sarita from the front desk was so helpful and even gave me a tour around the island on days which my father had to work! SHE WAS A GOD SEND! Everything about the hotel was welcoming and created an open atmosphere for families to chat and get to know each other, especially at the (free) wine hour which occurred from 5-6 every night.

For anyone traveling to Grand Cayman and looking for a family friendly safe resort I would 10/10 recommend staying here.

1  Thank ElleM293

Dear Elle,
Thank you a million for this outstanding review, I am so glad to know that you loved your room and every aspect of it, even happier to know your connection with our staff, specially Sarita!! was extraordinary. I am sure she misses you by now!
Thanks again for those 5 stars you gave us, and we really hope you can come back soon!!
Your Seafire family and Paradise are waiting for you