“Delicious! A hidden gem. ”

Bread and Chocolate Vegan Bistro
Ranked #2 of 126 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Modern. Responsible. Delicious. Bread and Chocolate is the first full-service vegan restaurant in the Cayman Islands providing healthy all-day breakfast and lunch alternatives for health-conscious and eco-conscious diners. All breads, desserts, sauces etc. Are made in house. Organic and local produce featured where and whenever possible. Located in the centre of the financial district of George Town. Parking is very limited so plan for a short walk from your car if you drive any day other than Saturday (loads of street parking available on weekends). Bus terminal is next door so it is strongly encouraged to take one of the municipal "buses" which are, for the most part, mini-vans with stickers on them - the EE (East End) bus is more of the typical style bus. Taking the bus is greatly encouraged since it's better for the environment, way cheaper than a cab and is a unique experience on it's own. Some pay parking available at the Town Centre Plaza on Albert Panton Street and behind Bayshore Mall. Table service and take out available. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.M. To 4 p.M., Saturdays, Sundays and most public holidays from 9 a.M. To 2 p.M.
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Friendly lovely people in an adorable atmosphere. I am a celiac so always rather nervous especially when going to a place called "bread and chocolate". They had many gluten free options and the food was healthy and delicious!!! I had the sunshine pancakes made of buckwheat,brown rice and walnuts... completely delicious... My 12 year old daughter kept eating my food. My daughter had the regular French toast which was great. We got a black bean taco to go with quinoa. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We are a family of 5 vegetarians and one vegan. I read about this place and we decided to give it try. On one day, we ordered two sandwiches to take out on a boat tour. They were the Happy "Tuna" Salad and the Portobello Mushroom Sandwich both were really delicious! On another day, we had breakfast here. Four of us ordered the bread and chocolate breakfast so thankfully, it was delicious as were the Breakfast Tacos which the others ordered. We had a rental car and drove around for some time driving to find a legal parking spot. I eventually went it and asked and one of the employees or owners, pointed out the one legal parking spot that just happen to be open at that moment. Our bill was over $110USD for breakfast for six of us which is expensive for us. Otherwise, we would have gone back again.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Great vegan restaurant. Fine selection for breakfast and lunch (both served all day).
Friendly folks with a nice variety of salads, soups, sandwiches and desserts.
Fresh juices and coffees round it out.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Bread and Chocolate is in the heart of Georgetown. It is a great spot. The service is great, the food is amazing. We had their house special french toast with homemade coconut vanilla ice cream on top. Can't even describe how great this tasted. It also had homemade hazelnut spread (not that Nutella crap) inside which just added more flavor. we also had the black bean tacos and they were great, messy but great. This was the only restaurant that we went back to twice, The second time back we had the french toast, again, and also had the breakfast tacos. First time that I had tempeh bacon. It was very good. It is a meatless bacon and quite tasty. I actually preferred the breakfast tacos to the black bean. Neither of us are vegans. Great food is great food. Oh, by the way, good coffee can be difficult to find on the Cayman's but this place has some and the strawberry lemonade is very tasty.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I came here with my family of 4 vegetarians and 2 vegans. Everyone loved their meals, even my picky younger brothers. If you get the bread and chocolate French toast, I highly recommend putting ice cream on it, it made it sooooo much better. We even came back for lunch and got the tuna sandwich and the portobello sandwich, both were also really good.