US$ 262
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsgift shopcow wreckcharterbvilunch
Reviewed 23 December 2014

I couldn't find a place to review the Beach Bar or Restaurant, so here it is as the owners are the same!
The beach is beautiful, and the staff was very friendly, helpful and attentive. However, the prices are very high, and I live in the Caribbean. When presented our bill, I noted an addition $20 added to a $78 bill. When asked if this was for the gratuity, I was told "No, it's the tax". Having lived here for so almost 10 years and also consulting with a dozen other friends, none of us could Verify said tax. So once I gave the gratuity, the added money for "tax and gratuity" ended up being about 45% of my bill. Not cool.

• Stayed: December 2014
11  Thank Absolut_bet
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I traveled with three others and two rented scooters on a short ride from near the Anegada Reef hotel to Cow Wreck Beach. We basically just enjoyed the beach for several hours (relaxing or walking along it), grabbing a drink or two from the bar. I also purchased a hamburger (not bad) and fries (very yummy!). There was barely anyone there, so it felt like a private beach. There was a two-stall bathroom for men and women that was clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HockeyChickDenver_CO
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We spent the afternoon enjoying the beach at cow wreck. We did not spend the night though! Ms. Bell and her family were great host while we ordered lunch and drinks. The food was very good and they made several delicious drinks! There is nothing fancy about cow wreck but you can't beat the views and secluded beaches. There is also some great snorkeling. A wonderful day at the beach!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Moody323
Reviewed 14 April 2013

When you dream of the most beautiful beach with the most beautiful water, here you go. The sand is so soft, powdery white, the water turquoise blue, not crowded. Fun little beach bar/restaurant. I hesitate to even tell people how much we all loved this beach. We sailed to Anegada on our trip and stayed for 3 nights. We had reserved a truck to toodle around and went to this beach along with Lolbolly and Jack Beach. Loved it so much we rented it again the next day and went back there for the day. Brought a picnic with us, nice chairs, shade, sun, swimming, snorkeling, kite boarding and of course a few drinks at the Cow Wreck bar where the owner is so nice. I could get lost here for a long time....sigh.

Room Tip: There are a couple of little cottages right on the beach that I would love to stay in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank janeynm
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at Cow Wreck March 1st-8th, 2013 and loved it. The location and view is out of this world. It does not get more remote yet safe than that. Bell and Lauren (mother and daughter) running the place are very friendly and helpful.

There is no wifi except by the ferry dock but the phone reception was good.

The villa has a decently equipped kitchen, nice basic bathroom, another bed room with sliding doors wardrobe and comfortable bed. The kitchen area and "living room" area create one large room. Over all the set up is nice. The porch is in the shade most of the day, which is great as we just relaxed there when our 18 months old son was taking his afternoon nap.

The beach is about 10m away and is more or less your private beach. People who come to Anegada by sails boats grab a taxi and come to have some drinks or food at the bar here so when you had too much solitude you can easily socialise.

Swimming in the ocean is great, safe with mild current moving to the left. I tried some stand up paddle surfing on the reef - not bad. I also kitesurf in a squall (9m kite) but if you plan to kite, I'd bring also an 11 or even 13m one. You will have a better chance to ride. We also took the little one to the ocean, chased the waves on the beach and he loved it.

Lauren arranged for a jeep for us which was necessary to get around the island for dinners, grocery shopping and exploration.

Lauren's response times are slightly slower but that might be to the relaxed mode in Anegada and when she is busy.

Depending on the wind direction, definitely bring mosquito repellant and if you have a little one, mosquito net!!! Just after dusk and before dawn, they go mental and then just disappear.

Overall, an amazing place and one of the first places we plan to come back to for our family vacation. We have travelled the world and this place is stunning.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family