“Superb day ....... Again!”
Review of White Squall II - CLOSED

White Squall II
More attraction details
Owner description: Day sails tours and attractions
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was our fourth trip on White Squall ll. Needless to say the previous trips were superb and this was no different. The captain and crew were serious about their job - the captain making sure everyone was safe and the crew making sure everyone enjoyed themselves - a winning combination.

Two sessions of snorkling and a floating meal. We could not have asked for more. Great value, great day and we will be back next year! We were on a fourteen day cruise and yet again this was our favourite day.

1  Thank Sandall P

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We arrived at the appointed time. Our cruise ship was on Tortola time. We were met by skipper Chris and Ashley and were briefed about safety etc. We knew the ship was a sail craft (thats why we went on it). It was ideal for a good day at sea inclusive of snorkeling equipment. We went to Norman Island and swam and snorkeled for about an hour and they returned on board.It was excellent. We then went for lunch at Willie Ts and had an excellent meal. We then returned to White Squall and went to do some further swimming and snorkeling.There was plenty to drink on board of various types and it led to en enjoyable experience.The day ended with sunbathing on board on the way back to Road Town. A very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank Rugbyroger
Reviewed 19 February 2012

White Squall II, Road Town, Tortola, BVI. has an attractive, idyllic web site. Prior arrival communications, with the owner via e-mail, was responsive, informative, and friendly. The daysail adventure seemed like a good value, with an attractive schedule, onboard barbeque lunch, continuous refreshments (beer included) and popular destinations. (The Baths, Virgin Gorda)

We met the captain the previous day so as to be familiar with the next days’ routine. He had been varnishing the bright work on the boat all day, so he was not the most presentable. His personality was a little ruff.

We arrived the next morning at the appointed time and departed on schedule. The weather promised to be beautiful after a passing shower but windy. The captain was still a little ruff but thorough in his pre-departure safety briefing. He explained that due to a confused sea we may not visit the famous “Baths”. The boat was of 1936 vintage. Old but seemed sea worthy, tidy in the passenger accessed areas but in need of a lot of cosmetic TLC. A peek at the below decks engine room / captains quarters was a disaster.

We motored to Cooper Island for some snorkeling. All the equipment was provided. Lovely spot at anchor. We were then informed that we would not be going to the “Baths”, but instead to Peter Island for our onboard lunch, more snorkeling and a beach visit for those who wanted. Lunch was cooked by the captain and was very good. Plenty to eat and drink. Lots left over for the crew (Chris and Ashley).

The captain had a bit of an ambivalent ruff attitude. He conversed but didn’t really seem interested in what the passengers had to say. I sensed some animosity toward the owners. Ashley showed some signs of this but really worked hard when it came to working the sails. She was very helpful and attentive to serving refreshments.

All in all a bit of a disappointment.

1  Thank MichiganPilot
Reviewed 18 February 2012

the mroning started out stressfull with our ship not allowing part of our group off because of another ship docking, & time difference?? not asked? because the water was very rough( not W.S.'s fault it was hard to move on the boat, & myself & friend got sick, even after taking Bonnie! 1 crew menber very helpful w/ ginger candy Bathroom hard to naviagate . After 2 hrs out to baths we had to tender 4 @ a time to the beach. which left only 1 rushed hr to see the baths. I would have prefered seeing ,while on V. Gorda. Lunch was ok .only chicken,salad & rice,not as pictured. Also in front of where lunch is served is a 2 metal structures which I tripped on & a family member fell, when I asked about them , I got a very rude answer from a crew member , & she stated we shouldnt have come if we couldnt walk on the boat, seating limited & not enough coverage on rainy way back! 220.00!! for 2. I would take a Cat next time

1  Thank KAD56
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We were a group of 12 cruising on the Carnival Valor and booked the White squall for a day sail to the Baths in Virgin Gorda. The first problem was we were not notified at the time of booking via several e-mails and a phone call that Tortola's local time is an hour ahead of the ship time. So we arrived on time only to find an angry crew that had been waiting an hour for us. The crew seemed to hold a grudge and treated us rudley the rest of the trip.

The boat is definately not set up for the comfort of its guests! It has only a few wooden benches and a few cushions that you can put on the very SMALL deck space and you will get wet if you sit on the deck.

There is no table to enjoy your lunch and you will need to balance it on your lap and put your drink on the deck or hold it between your legs.

I would not recommend this sail for families with small children or older adults. It is extremely hard to keep your balance and there are many tripping hazards. I caught my foot in some hardware on the deck while trying to balance my lunch and fell hard.

I was also shocked at how rude and unproffesonal the captain and crew were to our easygoing group. The captain had no patience with us asking questions about sailing and the history of the boat. One of the crew members did apologize after snapping at us, blaming her bad mood on her lack of sleep.

After we motored, not sailed to the Baths we had to tender in small groups to the beach allowing us only about an hour to explore the Baths. The baths are beautiful I wish we had more time to enjoy the beach and snorkle. I would recommend you wear water shoes or teva sandals as the rocks and stairs can be very slippery.

With three strikes (lack of comfort, rude crew and only an hour at the baths) I would not recommend the White squall. We paid $1,320.00 for our trip and I feel it was way over priced for the time & services provided.

1  Thank Jag978