“Fantastic Charter, would absolutely recommend”

Kuralu Private Catamaran Charters
Ranked #2 of 25 Tours in Road Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Kuralu is a 50’ Catamaran offering the best daysail trips in the BVI to stunning islands and beautiful snorkeling spots. Sail in complete comfort to Sandy Spit, White Bay at Jost Van Dyke, the Indians and Caves at Norman Island. Snorkeling equipment, open bar and a gourmet lunch is included. No overcrowding and private groups a specialty. Safe for children, plenty of shade and a freshwater shower. Voted number 1 for a reason!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Saint Joseph, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic Charter, would absolutely recommend”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We had a group of 18 coming off one of the cruise ships and set the charter up with Gary a few months before we arrived. Gary set up transportation from Roadtown to West End to catch his Charter, which was faster than taking a charter from Road Town to Jost Van Dyke which was our destination. We had a wonderful time, Gary and Darren were very accomadating and experienced at sailing the somewhat rough waters between Tortola and Jost Van Dyke that day. I would use Karula again in a heartbeat if we return to Tortola

Visited January 2012
1 Thank mark s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Auburn, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best day on an 8 day cruise”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The day on the Karulu with skipper Gary and his crew (including Grommit, a friendly pup who does not like motor boats) was nothing short of wonderful. I contacted Gary, along with several other day charters, well in advance of our trip. A group of 9, ages 22 - 60, on an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise. We elected for a private charter, just the 9 of us. Only 2 other charters got back, but none with the professionalism of Gary. He arranged pick up and return to the cruise ship, and it was like clock work.
The cruise was great, a little rough weather, but that added to the fun. A nice ride to Norman Island to snorkel, then a different spot for a delicious lunch, and more swimming. I don't want to forget the special rum punch, I normally don't drink rum, but I sure enjoyed Gary's punch with nutmeg!
I can't say enough about the professionalism, in addition to the friendliness of Gary and crew. From the time we met on the dock until we returned, they went out of their way to accommodate. They explained many things about the boat and the boat history. He pointed out a couple special estates, and he knew the best places to snorkel and swim.
If we ever get back to Tortola, Gary will be my first call.
Our day on the Karulu was truly a day we will never forget.
Thanks Gary (and Grommit)

1 Thank Bernie_and_Jan
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Day Trip On Kuralu Was So Fun We Had To Book The Next Day Too!”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My wife and I wanted to do some snorkeling and sailing over Thanksgiving, but didn't want to get stuck on a day trip with an over-crowded boat with kids. The Kuralu was exactly what we were looking for! The crew was very laid back and extremely friendly. The boat is absolutely gorgeous and the sail was so relaxing. It was a perfect day exploring the waters of Tortola. We had so much fun going to Norman Island and Indians, that we booked a second day to Jost Van Dyke. There were no more than 12 people on board both days, which made for a relaxing and enjoyable trip! I highly recommend the Kuralu for a day sail in Tortola!

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Andrew K
Jacksonville, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The best day ever!”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We chartered the Kuralu on a recent visit to BVI on a cruise. The day was AMAZING -- hospitable & friendly captain & mate, rum drinks or beer all day long, great Island music on the speakers, a DELICIOUS lunch, fabulous snorkeling, a super friendly boat dog, and a swim in to a beach bar (Pirate's Bight) on Norman Island. We had 9 adults in our group and there was plenty of room on the catamaran for all of us. All of us agreed that this was the best day of our vacation. It made me want to leave my job to become a catamaran captain in the Virgin Islands. AMAZING. I highly recommend the Kuralu to anyone visiting Tortola.

1 Thank Christa W
Corsicana, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We chartered Kuralu for a day sail with snorkeling and I cannot say enough positive about this experience. Captain Gary was fantastic and his crew of two (one of which was four-legged...yippee...I got my dog fix while on vacation) were totally great. The four-legged pal is optional for any who prefer not to have the company. We were taken to two snorkel sites and offered a third but opted for some time at the beach instead. Capt. Gary accommodated us with a beautiful spot. Food was plentiful and quite good.The fresh nutmeg in the rum punch was a splendid touch. Great day, great time, great experience!

1 Thank LisaS31