“awesome”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Road Town
Union City, New Jersey
“awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

nanny cay hotel is one of the best hotel the receptionist are very nice well i must say i see three receptionist and out of the three two of them is nice which is diana and ishauna they are two very nice persons it have one who does sit down all the time never stand and never smile which is bridget and she deal with you sitting :( i will go back to this hotel any time the house keeping does and good job wouldn't see excellent like the front desk and the pool is good , the restaurants are nice , the ice cream polar is expensive i can go on and on but i would leave it there for now and i will be staying it this hotel for my entire stay as long as i am in the british virgin islands

Room Tip: ocean view is the best room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

The fitness centre equipment was hopeless. I really felt like every single local on this island almost, did not want tourists there at all. I have never seen anything like it. I will say the room was clean to be fair. The hotel is in a marina that gets little to no breeze, a $15 taxi from road town, which to me is not the same as saying road town. The hotel pool was so heavily chlorinated it burnt my eyes and skin I couldn't stay in more than 10 minutes and I am a swimmer, so I'm used to chlorine. The veggie curry from peg legs was less than average, resembling nothing of a Caribbean curry from any of the numerous other islands I have been. I could elaborate more on this- but almost want to just forget the whole experience at this point. The conch fritters from Soppers in road town had barely any conch and was all flour, though this cost cutting technique is a lot more common from cheap places but I expected more for $11 a serve plus a 15% auto gratuity, something like that on a bill has you thinking the place has a standard. The dive shop has a minimum of $15 to pay by card and the other gift shop was $25, not too big of a deal if there was a ATM anywhere in the cay. The icecream shop got their stock from st Thomas and the 3 flavors I tried were all loaded with ice crystals and tasted extremely stale. The supermarket freezer didn't work properly so all their stock was only half frozen as well, once I showed them the quality of their stock I was told there is no refunds, I could take another icecream (that was melted) if I wanted or some other item to the same value. The supermarket did have the nicest staff of all, I will say. It is such a shame, this place had to suck so bad, I had been looking forward to my trip to Tortola for the longest time. Unbelievably expensive for some of the poorest quality I have ever experienced in all areas, I am well versed in the islands and by no means have unreal expectations. I really hope the rest of the bvi's is better than nanny cay. I do not recommend this hotel or marina!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Directhonest

Travellers are raving about these Road Town hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed at Nanny Cay for two months while working in Road Town. As a business woman travelling on my own it was a wonderful community to stay in. My husband and daughter flew out to join me for Christmas. We had an amazing Christmas Day on the beach at Nanny Cay followed by a wonderful meal in Peg Legs, Von the chef is amazing.

Boxing Day with the help of Sam and Simon who manage Nanny Cay, we rented a boat and driver and explored the other islands.

We all flew back to the UK at the end of December but if I am lucky enough to stay in the BVI again, I know where I will be staying. Nanny Cay ticks all the boxes for us.

We are in the process of buying ourselves a holiday chalet in the UK and have named it CaribbCay in memory of our time in the BVI.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Jane2609
League City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Spent 5 day/nights at nanny Cay after 2 nights at Cane Garden and was so pleased with rooms, price, location, activities, food, shops, and employees. Great pool area and the marina was great of boat rentals and just relaxing. Close to town and to West End for night life and ferry service to the other islands.. A fun drive to Cane Garden and the west/north side. Early morning wakes ups from the roosters is easy to tolerate when you consider where you are. We had rooms without kitchens and was perfect with just a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed over one night on business and one night was enough. Poor check in, tv didn't work, a/c didn't work, room dark and dreary. My thoughts pretty much coincide with a lot of the negative reviews. Wake up people, Tortola has expanded their cruise business and I hear is going to lengthen their runway for bigger planes. Come up to tourist standards, before some wiser people come in and put you out of business.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3.4 km away
Moorings Mariner Inn Hotel
Moorings Mariner Inn Hotel
#6 of 13 in Road Town

Been to Nanny Cay Marina & Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK