We went there after 7 glorious days on a yacht cruising from St Martin to the BVIs and prior to returning to London.We wanted somewhere to chill out on a beach with great swimming.
The beach is superb but not really good for swimming as it can be dangerous.However we loved watching the 3 or 4 Pelicans diving and flying around looking for fish all day.
A lovely bay 15 minutes away called Smugglers Cove is excellent for good safe swimming and average snorkelling though.
The hotel sadly needs much tender loving care and an injection of money urgently. It is in a glorious location but is now looking quite tired and out of date.
The non-service around the swimming pool was quite extraordinary. They could easily make it so much better without much money. Umbrellas in the eating area blew over in the wind because nobody had thought to make their bases heavier. The choice of food is a joke - no salads for a start- and the one sweet lady behind the bar which was also a small kitchen (!) was a bit stressed and that was at a quiet time. Not mad about getting the smells from the BBQ cooking when in the pool!
No fresh fruit juices, no ice creams and no waiter to take orders around the pool.
The main restaurant on the beach has a great location but the food was only adequate with well meaning but very slow service, albeit by sweet people. Again they could make it so good with just a little imagination and money. We did not try their Pasta place as we were not there long enough.
We enjoyed our 2 days because of the fabulous location but somebody needs to take the place over and update it urgently. It could be so good as it a really great property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful, mile-long stretches of white sand beach in the Caribbean, Long Bay Beach Club is truly the gem of the British Virgin Islands. Guests enjoy terrific accommodations including Beachfront Rooms and Suites. The resort amenities include the historic beachfront 1748 Restaurant & Bar, tennis, amazing beach and much more. Fantastic location on Tortola's much sought after West End, just minutes from Soper's Hole Marina. Popular excursions include sailing, diving, sightseeing, and shopping. Great restaurants, bars, and nightlife nearby. Perfect for couples, friends, and families. Also ideal for those seeking a land / sea vacation that includes sailing and hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Long Bay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Resort And Villas
- Long Bay Beach Hotel
- Long Bay Beach Resort Villas Tortola
- Long Bay Resort Tortola
- Long Bay Beach Club Tortola, British Virgin Islands