All reviews orient beach pinel island french restaurant happy bay restaurants in grand case boutique hotel rental car jacuzzi suite amenities fred balcony beaches sxm hurricane paradise
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here in May 2018. The island is still in the midst of recovery but still retains its beauty and warmth. However, many places have not yet reopened. But, this was a bit of gift as I might have chosen a standard beach resort otherwise. I’m so glad we didn’t. What Sol e Luna has to offer is so much more rewarding. It has a small set of beautiful rooms and suites that sit above an outdoor restaurant. The rooms are cozy, the restaurant is fantastic, and the staff are truly kind and helpful. We ate at the restaurant every night and never regretted it. Fantastic French fare. They also served breakfast in your room or suite, which was a wonderful experience in its own right. The staff were wonderful resources in providing suggestions for activities (they set up an incredible boat ride for us) and were genuinely interested in learning how our experience was. I cannot recommend this place enough. Bravo.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Doug M
Reviewed 26 May 2018

An excellent location, very quiet and near the best beaches of French side. Our suite was stunning, with a spectacular dinner at their restaurant, which is part of the rate.
Thanks to the host, Fred, always available and ready to help.
Nice modern furniture, elegant patio, pool and jaccuzi, above the restaurant, built in a traditional caribbean open house, with a French menu you'd never forget.

Room tip: Mango Suite is the biggest, with a nice view on lagoon.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 607guy
Reviewed 23 May 2018

My friends and I did a long weekend here and were delighted by how friendly and warm the entire staff was. We were almost treated like family visiting from out of town. The food is truly top-notch and eating in such a pleasant outdoor space made us happy, content, and relaxed.

Not only was every aspect of our dinners and hotel stay covered, but they gave us excellent recommendations of other places to visit, other activities to do, and even had us follow their car to ensure we met with our boat captain on time.

I'll long remember eating breakfast (delicious croissants) outdoors in a warm breeze with my friends just outside their room. Just delightful.

Room tip: I was in Mango, which is more indoor (AC throughout) and my friends were more outdoor (just their bedroom was indoor).
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Frank_P_992018
Reviewed 10 May 2018

We had always wanted to stay at Sol e Luna on one of our six previous trips, but had stayed with our usual lodging choices at Grand Case Beach Club, Le Karibuni Lodge, and others. Boy, were we mistaken to wait so long! The place is fabulous! The rooms well appointed with all the amenities, service is second to none (staff getting their cues from the caring demeanor of management), it's safe and secure, and shows no effects (none!) from Hurricane Irma. We found the location to be convenient to our favorite haunts...Orient Beach, Happy Bay and Pinel Island, and, on top of that, the price includes a gourmet dinner for two in their beautiful dining area, and breakfast served in your room (which we ate in peace on our balcony). I would rate the dinner as good or better as any I have ever had in the best restaurants in Grand Case. If you're going to stay on the French side of SXM. you need to seriously consider one the rooms at Sol e Luna. It is a destination in itself; and they are setting the standard for all other lodging choices as they rebuild around them. Please message me if you have any questions. I'm happy to share more from our unforgettable experience at this venue. We can't wait to return!

Room tip: We stayed in the Vanilla room...right off the walkway going up the hill.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve s
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We found this little jewel of a boutique hotel by accident and we are so glad we did, upon arrival "Jerry" and "Fred" welcomed us , took our luggage from us
And as we entered we were welcomed by the staff. Escorting us to our suite up thru a cute walkway surrounded by beautiful flowers...we entered "The Nacre suite", just beautiful! We had an outdoor patio with a jacuzzi. They could not have been any nicer or hospitable! Our dinner and breakfast were included and were absolutely beautifully prepared and the presentation was top notch. I would definitely recommend this inn on your next trip.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet A