1,843 results
All reviews sunset cafe creole rock croissants ocean view oceanfront studio rented a car water sports st martin walk into town snorkel trip baguette ribs low season le cottage lobster spent a week orient bay
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I wanted to give this resort five stars because the staff was friendly and it was a beautiful location.

However, I signed out snorkeling gear to try out and within two minutes of going in the water the glass fell off. When I brought it back they claimed that I broke it and that THEY HAD NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN BEFORE. It was €70 to replace a mask that could not possibly cost more than 30 but they gave me the option to buy a similar one outside of the resort. I spent $50 outside of the resort and bought them a better facemask than the one they provided. The place that I bought it from informed me that I was the second person this week to go in because of a broken mask. When I went back to give them the mask I confronted them about this being the "first time a mask broke"...the guy stuttered and said "the first time this mask broke".

The masks are made of plastic and rubber, if they claim that the mask has never been broken (although that was determined to be a lie) then I suggest they update their equipment because they will eventually break. Don't make your customers update your gear. It's bad business practice especially when people are paying +200 a night in the off season.

Also, snorkeling is advertised as "free" but you have to buy a €5 mouth piece. I understand that it's for "sanitary reasons" but when you need the mouth piece it kind of makes it not free.

So I wasted nearly $60 and three hours of my day (I'm not unhappy about wasting three hours of my day than anything).

I saw people were signing out floaty beds that were almost ripped in half.

Update your equipment - don't make customers buy them for you.

I wouldn't return to this resort simply out of principle. I didn't like how they handled the matter.

It was a beautiful place but the small things matter.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Ilven S
Stephen W, General Manager at Grand Case Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

We thank you for your observations, and I will take this up with the Water-sports provider. It is through comments such as yours that will allow us to learn and grow...and improve. We are sad that you say that you will not return, but perhaps when your principles allow, you will come back and be able to experience the improvements that you may have inspired. Not by any means an excuse, the Water-Sports provider is gearing up and stocking new floats for the season.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

This was our first trip to St. Marten however will not be our last. The resort is amazing, clean and very intimate with no kids and the staff makes it a fantastic honeymoon. We read many of the reviews beforehand and they were right......CLEAN & FANTASTIC RESORT with AMAZING STAFFS. Cant say enough about (Smiley) Jonathan from the restaurant he is truly an asset to the hotel!!!! Innocent, made the check in an smooth..i hope i could return before the end of the year..

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank hedocleo
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We were at the Grand Case Beach Club 8/27/16 through 9/3/16. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the friendliest people and were upgraded to a one bedroom loft which was fantastic. Check in was easy and we were able to check in early. The room was spotless and very comfortable and spacious. The grounds are beautiful and the Sunset Cafe was great. We ate breakfast, a couple of lunches and dinner twice at the Sunset Cafe and all the meals were delicious. The staff is friendly and it overlooks the ocean. This vacation was very relaxing, quiet and peaceful. It is St. Maarten's low season and I would not have it any other way! The pool overlooks the ocean with great views and is very nice. There are little spots to relax and take in spectacular views all around the grounds We walked to the restaurants and to the town to go to a store to pick up coffee, soda and a few things. It is literally a ten minute walk to the restaurants and is a safe walk. Please go to Le Cottage for dinner. You will not be disappointed! I really cannot think of one thing I would change about our stay here and we are already planning to go back next year. It feels more like you are at your own private beach home than at a resort. Just fabulous!!!

Room tip: I believe all the rooms have an ocean view but do not quote me on that. We were in the 700 building and it was perfect!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank LILHONEY
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed in the one bedroom loft. Got a free upgrade which was nice of them. Very nice clean updated room. Great views from the third floor. Friendly staff. Restaurant food is very good. The pool is amazing. Sits up high so you have great views of Anguilla and creole rock. Great snorkeling around the rocks. Visit Jerome in the water sports.

My only complaints were that all of the umbrellas for the beach were broken from the wind. Not a huge deal for us, as there is plenty of shade under the trees by the beach and the pool was quieter anyway.

Enjoy

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephen W, General Manager at Grand Case Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Exeagle,
Thanks for taking the time to review our little resort, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed it! All of us work hard to make this a very popular place where guests return time after time after time, and it is very gratifying to read that we seem to be succeeding. I do think that perhaps you misunderstood the umbrella situation. Our beach gets very odd and changing winds, unlike Orient Bay where it comes consistently from one direction. The umbrellas are set pointing into the wind, and if the direction shifts drastically, they can be blown away and possibly cause injury. We rely on the water-sports team to decide when there is a risk, and at those times, they do not supply umbrellas. As you said, there is ample shade about the property, and we do not want to put anyone in harms way. But once again, thank you for coming, enjoying and reviewing!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

When trying to decide where to stay in Grand Case this hotel was my second thought after carefully considering the hotels in the center of the town. In the end it was a review comment about noise at night and feeling slightly unsafe right on the main street that made me choose Grand Case Beach Club - and I'm so glad I did. This hotel is slightly out of the way on gated private grounds but right on the end of the main beach and also adjacent to a beautiful "little beach" around the point. It was peaceful, quiet and safe, in a truly beautiful setting, and well-trained, courteous and efficient staff. The room was one of the best I've had in a beach setting: a perfect view of the ocean, great air-conditioning, a comfortable bed, good TV and WiFi. The surrounds and beach are scattered with comfy shady places to sit and relax. The only minor problem I encountered in a week's stay was an apparent mix-up in the room servicing on one day where dirty linen and cleaning equipment was left in the half-cleaned room for 3 or 4 hours which was a bit awkward. A tiny fault in an otherwise faultless experience.

Room tip: I had room 110 - first floor with a sea-front view. Up one flight of stairs but perfectly positioned on the main Grand Case beach.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Xomex,

Thanks for summing up your stay so well...and for letting us know about the missed opportunity in regards to the servicing of the room. We have a tremendous, genuinely nice staff, and I hope no offence was taken by our error.
We look forward to having you back with us in the not too distant future and we will do our best to make it a flawless stay!