All reviews anne laure small hotel rooms are clean st martin hurricane devastating beach island mosquitoes caribbean
Reviewed 3 May 2016

This little independent hotel is in the cool developing area of Grand Case on St. Martin (French Side). I got a suite for my daughter and me, which was in the lower level down some stairs, so we had to schlep our gear down (no bellmen). Beds were comfy, nice shower, AC worked fine. Right across the street from the beach and restaurants mainly up the road 10 minutes walk. Nice area for families, nice beach, no crowds. Price was among least expensive in area, but not cheap (over $200/night). If you want new and flashy, go to one of the big resorts.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Let me start the post by saying that the host and hotel staff were amazing-They were very attentive and helpful. The hotel is also centrally located in the heart of grand case. I am basing my negative review soley on the hotel room. My friend and I stayed in the Hibiscus room on the lower level and it was awful!!!! The configuration of the room was just plain awkward- The 2nd bedroom was cramped and you felt like you were in a dungeon and could not escape. I would have overlooked the spatial limitations of the room- however in the 2nd bedroom you were treated to the delighful early morning conversations of the house located directly next door starting at 6am!!!

Room tip: Do not stay in the Hibiscus room try and get a room on the main floor not the basement!!!
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hévéa H, Gérant at Hevea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Hello
We are happy that you appreciate the staff job.
About the room that is a personal point of view that I can understand. A family is just checking out and have 1 week in this room and they enjoy this room. As all our rooms are different, we would be very happy to welcome you for get you discover our other room ! Best regards, Lilian and Anne Laure

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Fantastic value for money at this small, perfectly located hotel with the best owners ever. SO serviceminded and always there for you. We had a lovely stay here and really want to recommend everyone to stay here when visiting Grand Case. Please also note the perfect location just across the beach - 1 minute walk. So thank you Anne Laure and Lilian - you are the best!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2016

Booked this hotel via the internet without really knowing anything about this hotel. Turns out it's located in a great location in Grand Case, mere steps from the beach. Room was small, but clean complete with a mini bar and AC. No tv though which was fine for us. Cool modern bathroom, no bath tub. What really made our visit here great were the owners. They really made sure our every need was tended to. And, they offer the BEST breakfast ion the strip! For 10.5 euros you got juice, coffee, two baguettes, a croissant, two eggs and bacon!!!! Highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2016

The Hevea is small hotel crafted out of an old creole house. The location is perfect: across the street from the beach and you can walk to all Grand Case restaurants. The owners and staff are friendly but be sure that you know when they are available. They were accommodating with early check-in and allowed us to store our bags and change (check-out as well), when we came back later our bags were it the room. You have to use a side door to let yourself in an out when reception is closed. The key to the side door can be tricky.
We stayed in the spacious Armandier room (I believe it is the largest room) with a very comfortable firm king bed and a sofa bed. The room is quiet and the air-conditioning and small fridge a blessing. Remember your European adapter for electrical outlets (although the owner lent me one).
Internet is free, fast (enough) and reliable! There is a TV (with all the beach time and eating there was no need to ever switch it on), there is also a kettle (never used). Do enjoy a drink in the lovely central designer patio with tables and chairs. This hotel has rules designed to make your stay pleasant (the English version made me smile and can do with a bit of editing!!)
My daughter and her partner stayed in the Laurier and they complained a little about being cramped (of course, compared to expanse of space they saw in the Armandier). They were disturbed by people in the passage passing their room.
We really enjoyed our stay in the Hevea and will be back. I would prefer not to complain but since this is a review I must mention that there were a few small but noticeable maintenance issues in our room, like broken vinyl in the bathroom, an electrical outlet that was “hanging” out of the wall (I mentioned this to the owner, so it should be fixed by now). The room did not have enough outlets. But then again, be reminded that the Hevea is an old, very old creole house that has been done up quite magically and the rates are really good. So, don't expect Toronto standards here. Relax and enjoy the ambiance the beach and the fantastic restaurants.
A few tips: There are many beach chair providers and unless they are super busy, they would let you have a chair if you order a drink (or two). Turn left and have coffee, or breakfast or a croissant under the verandah at the little place on the corner. The birds eating the sugar are quite entertaining. If you are interested in a spectacular dining experience turn right go to Le Pressoir (but book first 0590877662).
For good BBQ or stew go to LOLO’s ( it stands for “locally owned low cost/prices”). Yummy… but beware, not for those on a diet!!

Room tip: Armandier has space, an extra bed and is really quiet.. Laurier rather small.
Date of stay: February 2016