“Something a little different in Grand Case”
Review of Le Cottage

Le Cottage
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The cottage is a traditional and gourmet french restaurant. Meet our sommelier,enjoy the perfect association wine & food,let's travel!!!!
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Something a little different in Grand Case”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Le Cottage offered a tasting menu that offered a somewhat different experience for our dining pleasure. With many choices you get 5 from the cold side of the menu and 5 from the hot side. Each is a taste delight and the presentation is innovative. This gave us the opportunity to try lots of interesting tastes and between us we tried it all. Seafood, duck, escargot, vegetable dishes, each one delicious. Staff was very attentive and the setting was lovely. We had one on the tables that was out front on a beautiful night. This was a nice change of pace and we left satisfied but not
so stuffed we couldn't move. Definitely worth its rating as one of the best on the island.

• Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Merion, PA
“Not more than average”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Le Cottage was touted as the best french restaurant among the dozen or so on Restaurant Row in Grand Case. Having dined at seven of them over nine days (we dined at two twice each), we think Le Cottage was just ok. Most of the others were better.

Visited April 2012
San Jose, California
“Literally one of the best meals I EVER had”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Literally one of the best meals I EVER had - superb presentation, service and of course food. Steak tartare and escargot are both out of this world (and so is their duck plate)

Visited April 2012
St John's, Newfoundland
“Yummy with a touch of intensity”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We return here annually like homing pigeons. Le Cottage is one of the consistently delicious high-end restaurants on the island, a popular choice for tourists from all over the world, judging by the conversations at neighbouring tables. Here's the thing: the food is terrific. In five years we have had only one so-so dish, some overcooked lobster. But everyone is allowed to slip up. Usually both the presentation and the taste of meals are outstanding. But there's a vibe that we sometimes find amusing, sometimes mildly annoying. It has to do with the service. There just isn't enough of it. The owner is intense--he knows his stuff, he's funny and enthusiastic--but he sometimes loses his focus and before you can say 'excuse me' he's disappeared along with the other wait-staff and you are sitting there without your wine or bread for far longer than you would like. We think the problem is that there are never enough staff. For years we have heard apologies about one of the staff having called in sick. The truth seems to be that the owner keeps his costs down on labour. We can live with it, now that we know what to expect, but only because the food is so good. this year they adjusted their menu to offer a tasting menu which seems to be hugely popular. It's a bit of a gimmick and I wish they had more entree choices because the limited menu inhibits too many return visits on one trip. all of that said, we know that a trip to the island wouldn't be complete without yet another somewhat unpredictable experience at Le Cottage.

• Visited February 2012
BROOKLYN
“The perfect meal!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

It is probably my favorite on the island....and I can explain why.
It's neighbors L'Auberge and La Villa serve wonderful food and offer great service, L'Estaminet is honored as the most creative. I've been to all of them, but in La Cottage this all comes to a perfect meal.
Every single bite is full of flavor. The presentation is always fascinating. Every plate reflects the effort of the chef and care of the staff.
During my second visit I made a mistake - I was not clear when ordering and did not get my appetizer when my husband got his. I suspected my mistake and told our waiter about it. My God, were they worried! The waiter communicated to the whole team and every one of them payed a visit to our table to apologize and find out what happened and why didn't I get my appetizer... I got tired of apologizing and explaining to them that it was my mistake.
I have to emphasize how I loved my vegetable appetizer and vegetarian risotto! Nowhere on the island you will find those dishes prepared with love and knowledge of taste (and believe me, vegetarians taste food differently)! Finally, the warm chocolate cake proved that every euro paid for this dinner was worth it.

Visited March 2012