“Romantic setting and delicious food”
Review of The Hideaway

The Hideaway
Ranked #38 of 119 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2016

This small restaurant is attached to our home resort, so of course I'm partial. Even so, regardless of whether we eat B, L, or D there....they never disappoint. Not a huge menu of items, but adequate and featuring local fish and flavors. I think their pancakes are the absolute best I've ever eaten....the cook has a secret!

Andrea B, General Manager at The Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Thanks Mary H. !
So happy you are enjoying everything ! We do have plans to make some changes to the menu...so stay tuned!

regards

Andrea

Reviewed 24 January 2016

We went for lunch and enjoyed the trade-mark La Vista burgers, cold beer, and stunning views of the ocean.

Andrea B, General Manager at The Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Thanks Linda!! Next time try our signature drink..the Blue Vista!

Hasta La Vista

Reviewed 22 January 2016

I had lunch there January 20, 2016 with family members. The burger (mushroom and cheese) with a generous portion of garden salad and homemade vinaigrette only cost $8.00 and I had a 10 % coupon taken from the local newspaper, so it is a good deal. The dining area is spotless clean by the infinity pool and the service is very good as the server is very attentive. Been there three years in a row and my burger lunch at the Hideway has become sort of a must when I am in Sint Maarten. Check the next door administration office and get yourself a piece of custom jewelry made with Delphe (Dutch) porcelain beads ($20-$60)

Andrea B, General Manager at The Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Francolady !

Thanks for the lovely review, and I appreciate that you saw the good value of our lunch menu ! Great view of the pool and ocean, and relaxing atmosphere AND custom jewelry shopping in the office (and custom fabric bags too !)..what can be better than that..topped with some sunshine and a splash of ocean..

See you next year!

Reviewed 16 January 2016

We went to the Hideaway our first night on the Island, and it did not disappoint! We had 2 striploins that were over the top and a rack of lamb that was the same! I think the Hideaway is charming with great service. The lunch menu is small, but the food was great as well. Will be back here again!

Andrea B, General Manager at The Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

So happy to hear that VictoriaCH! I am sure the fantastic weather we are having also did not disappoint..combined with good food, great ambiance, and voila, you have the perfect vacation! Sure hope yours was perfect.
Look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 5 January 2016

I love this place. It is hidden at the La Vista resort. It is a romantic dinner place with a very good crew of waiters. On Thursday and Saturday nights Les Hodge sings and plays his keyboard instrument. What a wonderful person and singer. My favorite dish in Linguine Carbonara.

Thanks TigerRoll! I will let Les know you enjoyed listening to him. He has been doing this for a long time..he knows just what pleases his crowd! Thanks for letting everyone know!