All reviews junior suite time share swim up bar on site higher floor within walking distance st maarten rooms were very clean living room large balcony family vacation full kitchen burger king check in process hollywood casino ocean view nice beach
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Place is clean. The view is amazing. Two pools are up and going and most of the villas are open. The restaurants have good food (Shrimp ceviche is great). Most of simpson bay is up and running. Areas on the french side are slowly getting back.

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank cheryl f
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

First official week timeshare is open, doing a great job recovering, staff very friendly, room is clean and beautiful, plenty of hot water. Pool, beach, grounds are amazing, walking to local restaurants and pubs, will be back.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank PopeyeCT
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

The villa got eveything! and in the lobby they give you all the facilities... They brought me to my villa in a shuttle, where the driver took care of my laugage and showed me the place. Also in the lobby explained me evrything (where to eat and what) and advised me to called them to send me a shuttle to pick me up from the villa... whenever i want. This place its amazing!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 979veronicaa
Reviewed 1 March 2018

It is great to see that island is working hard to recover including The Simpson Bay Resort, however on the first morning after getting up nice and early to enjoy our first day on the island I turn the shower on and left it run for a few minutes to get hot water, which is not unusual about any place you stay on the island but after about 10 minutes I'm pretty sure there is no hot water being made at all, so I call the front desk and they tell me they will send someone to the room to check it out and I proceed to tell them don't bother, the problem is not in the room there is plenty of water coming from the faucet have someone check the boilers, never got hot water that morning. Move on to day 2 same situation this time the front desk tells me they have been having problems with the boiler ever since the hurricane, not really buying that story but I didn't pursue it any further, and then about 9:30a my wife gets up and all of a sudden there was some hot water which lasted for about 2 hrs. then cold again. the 3rd morning of coarse the same thing no hot water so it take my cold shower again and decide to walk down to the front desk to talk to someone face to face and got a more adversarial response from the girl there basically said there was nothing she could do about it, and I asked who could, she said I had to talk to maintenance, ok please call someone in maintenance that I can speak to, she responded they are not here until 9:00a, now it starting to become a bit clearer ( I'm guessing) they don't provide hot water until they come in and turn the boilers on for couple of hours. Ok I know this story is getting a little boring, but please bear with it, on about the 5th day I got an email address for some one in the reservation dept. and sent an email expressing my displeasure about the hot water situation, he responded promptly and informed me that had I checked their website I would see where they have a disclaimer informing guests that the resort would not be officially open until some time in March and some services may not be available, to the best of my recollection that information was not provided at the time I book through TRIP ADVISOR, the couple hours per day hot water continued for 7 days and the after that the hot water was on all day. In a recent direct conversation by phone with the reservation dept. they suggested that had I booked directly through the resort they were offering considerable discounted rates . Now all that being said I'm not really sure who I should be upset with Trip Advisor or the Resort, either way when I pay in excess of 300.00 per night including all the taxes I don't feel like it is expecting too much to have hot water all day every day. Yes I am a little upset. That is the reason for 3 stars rather than 5.

Date of stay: February 2018
3  Thank curi0us54
Reviewed 26 February 2018

We reserved by phoned and paid with our credit card. When we arrived they claimed we had no reservation and we had to pay in cash at full price to stay the night. There was no hot water (they didn't tell us) the place wasn't very clean and it was an expensive double room. When we checked out in the morning we told them we had no hot water and their reply that's normal? Never again this place is a dump and not the sort of place we will frequent again

Room tip: Find another place
Date of stay: February 2018