1,417 results
All reviews on site time share full kitchen shuttle service grocery store main building beach bar murphy bed tennis courts living room personal concierge sunset cruise water activities st maarten ocean view rented a car orient beach
Reviewed 3 January 2018

An upgrade in the Resort this year they included free continental breakfast. They still need to keep up on their yearly maintenance in the rooms/villas. A place to relax just when you need to get away for the week. Staff is friendly. Miss the water aerobics instructor Cynthia this year she was AWESOME!

Date of stay: August 2017
Gerardo G, other at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. It has been a pleasure serving you and we feel so happy to know that you have a wonderful time with us. We appreciate your kind words about our resort. Simpson Bay Resort & Marina takes pride in giving priority to their guests and looking after their needs. Quality and customer service are what distinguish us from others. We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and meet their requirements.
Thank you again for choosing us. Looking forward to having you as one of our valued guests for many years to come.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Really enjoyed my stay here. Though the island is not back yet, you can see it coming. The resort was open, room was large, clean, and had a great view. The staff was excellent, and I look forward to staying again in the near future.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Donnie W
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Donnie,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community and thank you so much for your kind words and your feedback after your stay at Simpson Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear that you experienced an enjoyable stay. Thank you also for mentioning our friendly staff, we will pass on your compliments to them.
We hope to welcome you again, next time you visit St.Maarten.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

A girls trip in August,2 weeks before the devastation.
Beautiful beaches,not crowded.
The drink specials were great. Eat at the beach bar,food was good and reasonable.

Stayed in a 2bdrm that was very comfortable, with full kitchen.There is a market on the main road at entrance to resort. The shuttle will take guests and pickup from the market.

Take the free shopping shuttle to town,hosted by "RT".

Go to MARIGOT on the french side. Vendors,good restaurants and higher end mall.We took public bus,mucher less than cabs especially when there's one road into Marigot and some traffic to wait in.

I hope this resort reopens and all are well there. I will return to SXM.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Vanessa,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community and thank you so much for your lovely words. It is so great to hear that our team is doing a good job and it is comments like yours that keep us going! Thank you for considering Simpson Bay Resort for your next vacation in St. Maarten!

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

The room that we stayed was lovely! It was clean and cozy. We stayed after the hurricane so of course there was not as much to do but the area that we stayed was clean nevertheless. Flowers and plants are back in place and other than the destroyed building in the surrounding areas and lack of pools, you'd never even know there was a hurricane. The lack of a pool didn't bother us as the purpose of the stay was to relax and that is exactly what we got. I didn't want to leave!

Cable channels are better than what you get at most hotels.
Room came with practically everything except for food. Which is expected.
More than enough linen and towels to keep you satisfied.
Area was quiet and had restaurants, supermarkets, bars and even a casino in very close walking distance.

On the grounds that the island just went through a massive hurricane, if you're going for somewhere quiet and for relaxation I definitely recommend this place. It's still a beauty and the staff was great!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MzCherry2015

Thank you for sharing your comments with the community and us. We would like to thank you for visiting us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We feel very happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal.
We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.
We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best.
Kind regards from sunny St. Maarten.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve been coming here since 1986. I was 11 years old. My parents bought time-share here for our annual 2 week vacation way back when it was The Pelican. I always look forward to coming here for every reason. This place is my oasis. It keeps me alive and makes me work hard knowing I have St. Maarten to look forward to. Simpson Bay is the best resort on the island. No question. My friend was there during Irma and I was told they took care of every guest and protected them from the onslaught of crime during that unfortunate period. I’m deeply saddened by the damage the island has experienced. As a matter of fact I am getting teary eyed right now. I was confident that Simpson Bay would survive Irma, compared to the devastation across the rest of the island it prevailed remarkably. My heart goes out to all the hard working people on the island trying to rebuild their lives. Their life is based on our visits. I pray that the island will be back to normal again as soon as possible. I cannot wait to get back there, breath free and enjoy the most wonderful resort on the most beautiful island in the world!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Ginopalto

Dear Gino,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We are truly grateful to have you as part of our beloved family. As one of our valued members it has been a sincere pleasure serving you during all these years.
Speaking on behalf of Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, we feel very happy that you have enjoyed the enhanced quality of our resort. We will continue our efforts to meet your requirements and expectations in the future as well. Meanwhile, your unwavering support and trust is what gets us out of bed in the morning during these hard working months.
Your comments and feedback have helped us shape our resort to best fit your standards. Again, thanks so much having Simpson Bay Resort & Marina in your thoughts.
We look forward to serving you for many years to come.