1,343 results
All reviewson sitetime sharefull kitchengrocery storebon appetiteliving roommurphy bedmain buildingsales pitchpiano bartennis courtspersonal conciergetimeshare presentationwater activitiessunset cruisest maartenocean view
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

The room that we stayed was lovely! It was clean and cozy. We stayed after the hurricane so of course there was not as much to do but the area that we stayed was clean nevertheless. Flowers and plants are back in place and other than the destroyed building in the surrounding areas and lack of pools, you'd never even know there was a hurricane. The lack of a pool didn't bother us as the purpose of the stay was to relax and that is exactly what we got. I didn't want to leave!

Cable channels are better than what you get at most hotels.
Room came with practically everything except for food. Which is expected.
More than enough linen and towels to keep you satisfied.
Area was quiet and had restaurants, supermarkets, bars and even a casino in very close walking distance.

On the grounds that the island just went through a massive hurricane, if you're going for somewhere quiet and for relaxation I definitely recommend this place. It's still a beauty and the staff was great!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MzCherry2015
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments with the community and us. We would like to thank you for visiting us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We feel very happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal.
We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.
We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best.
Kind regards from sunny St. Maarten.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve been coming here since 1986. I was 11 years old. My parents bought time-share here for our annual 2 week vacation way back when it was The Pelican. I always look forward to coming here for every reason. This place is my oasis. It keeps me alive and makes me work hard knowing I have St. Maarten to look forward to. Simpson Bay is the best resort on the island. No question. My friend was there during Irma and I was told they took care of every guest and protected them from the onslaught of crime during that unfortunate period. I’m deeply saddened by the damage the island has experienced. As a matter of fact I am getting teary eyed right now. I was confident that Simpson Bay would survive Irma, compared to the devastation across the rest of the island it prevailed remarkably. My heart goes out to all the hard working people on the island trying to rebuild their lives. Their life is based on our visits. I pray that the island will be back to normal again as soon as possible. I cannot wait to get back there, breath free and enjoy the most wonderful resort on the most beautiful island in the world!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Ginopalto

Dear Gino,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We are truly grateful to have you as part of our beloved family. As one of our valued members it has been a sincere pleasure serving you during all these years.
Speaking on behalf of Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, we feel very happy that you have enjoyed the enhanced quality of our resort. We will continue our efforts to meet your requirements and expectations in the future as well. Meanwhile, your unwavering support and trust is what gets us out of bed in the morning during these hard working months.
Your comments and feedback have helped us shape our resort to best fit your standards. Again, thanks so much having Simpson Bay Resort & Marina in your thoughts.
We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The Simpson's Bay resort was a really great place to stay. The people are extremely helpful, friendly and eager to please. The villa suites are the best way to go because you can make your own meals , get the food from the local on site grocery store or choose to take a short walk to the many restaurants on the main street. Exercise is good for you. The beach area is well maintained and the water is great. there are all kinds of activities to enjoy from water excursions to indoor games room. You can even use the private BBQ at the villa suite which is next to the pool beside you room.
Totally worth while. We'll be going back even after their recent weather difficulties. Waiting patiently.

Room Tip: The villa rooms are grouped together with their own pool away from the main hotel. best way to go.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark B
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Mark,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. It has been a pleasure serving you during your last trip to St.Maarten. We feel very happy that you were pleased with our service and accommodations.
The growth we have experienced over the years is thanks to all the comments we have received, each one of them is an opportunity to learn and some comments like yours are an incentive that lifts our spirits in our daily work. We appreciate your trust, and we’ll do our best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve.
Looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

All things considered, the hotel has done well with cleanup and repair work since Irma struck. A fair bit remains to be done yet, but all the main needs were met. Pools are not yet up and running, and many rooms are still being redone and/or repaired. Not all elevators are working. Work is ongoing. Regardless, staff are cheerful and helpful. No issues with my room (612B). AC is working, tap water was fine, although I mostly drank bottled water to be safe rather than sorry. #sxmstrong. Good luck with getting back to where you were before Irma.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Ken F
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Ken,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We want you to know that we truly enjoy serving you and feel honored to be your chosen resort for your recent trip to St.Maarten.
Your trust is much appreciated, and we will do our very best to continue to meet your expectations. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful. Thanks again! We look forward to serving you for many years to come in a stronger St. Maarten.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Been going to st Maarten since the 80’s lots of change stayed at a lot of places but bought timeshare in Simpson Bay resort when it was pelican. They did a wonderful job updating, we were suppose to go this oct. hope we can plan again soon.

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank Dianadou

Dear Diana,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. Let us take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Simpson Bay Resort & Marina as your home away from home during all these years. We feel very happy to have your support and we will keep working in order to have a better and stronger Simpson Bay Resort & Marina.