We were at the resort May 12th to May 19th (engaged couple). We reserved a car ahead of time (Unity/ very good). The resort is about 10 minutes from the airport. The resort requires a $250 deposit, so make sure your credit card is aware you are going out of the country. I had to make a collect call to Citibank To allow charges. The resort only takes Visa or MasterCard. Our room was in the B building on the 3rd floor. We had a spectacular view of the bay from our balcony. Room was spacious but outdated. Maid service is only once a week. Lots on towels in the closet. Good safe in the room. Queen size pull out sofa was uncomfortable to sit on, so I ceratinly would not recommend sleeping on it. TVs in bedroom and living room are small (19 inch). There are some hills, so if you difficulties walking I wouldn't recommend this resort. Never had a problem securing a spot on the beach (we went at 8 or 9 am). The beach is nice but a bit on the small side. The only reservations I would have is the possible closing down secondary to legal issues. I wouldn't go back until that is settled. Rumor has it that Hard Rock may be buying the resort. Also, there is a $50 government fee for the week and a $7 voluntary donation (to beautiful the island). Check in is 4 pm and check out is 10 am. We drove around the island with our luggage in our trunk, and we had no problems. Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay