Wonderful resort but lots of polotics at this place, it has been around a long time, recently changed names due to issues with old owners and courts. Currently being maneged by Royal Resorts which is a capable organization in my oppinion (been to their resorts in Mexico). Beyond the politics this place has so so much potential. Many units are in great shape but others need updating and repair. There did not seem to be much rym nor reason with regard to this as the good, the bad and the ugly existed in the same buildings. I am sure that the buildings which have been completely renovated contain all nice units, and I can tell you that the newer buildings in the front are incredible (where check in is located). Regarding the service, it was great, friendly staff, and if you have any significant complaints see MARCEL, one of the managers. He saved the day getting us into a very nice unit. Made turning "60" less painful!!! Thanks Marcel. So much to see and do in St Maarten. Best tour: Sunset / dinner combo on the Passat; Best restaurant: Le Moulin Rou (The Crazy Windmill), second to this the Lottery Farm restaurant. Best deal / ribs in Grand Casa at "Talk of the Town"; best beach: Orient; best overall experience the Lottery Farm - Zip line, restaurant, swim area, and views from pic paradise. Hope we get back there in 2014 for a 2 week stint - one of my favorite islands. We are to visit the island via a cruz in January 2013 - Zip line EXTREME here I come!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay