We LOVED the Simpson Bay resort. We stayed in the D building. We were almost on the top part of the hill, which meant we had to walk downhill to go to the beach, but that was okay. We had a pool directly across from us, which was refreshing and good sized....not too small, not too big. It had an area to bbq and had lots of places to lounge. We were also located near the B and C pools. The B pool is the largest one on the resort and even had a little bridge. They have water aerobics everyday during the week at Pool B with Emanuel. He's a WONDERFUL instructor who keeps the class fun (so much so that you don't know how hard you're working).
Our room was fully equipped with a fully stocked kitchen (including diswashing liguid and dishwasher detergent). It included plenty of towels (but no facial towels...you'll have to ask for those) and extra sheets.
Whatever you do, don't forget your insect repellent. The mosquitoes nearly itched me to DEATH!!
We rented a car, but please understand that the driving here is INSANE. Thank God my husband drove for us. It was quite wild!!!
We ate at Jimbo's (which was totally awesome) and a chinese restaurant that's located across the street from it. Both were delicious, and the chinese restaurant was quite reasonable. We went there for lunch and ate a special for $7, which is really CHEAP for the island. Oh...which reminds me...everything is VERY expensive. We went to the grocery store and purchased groceries for the week, which saved us some money.
We, unfortunately, have to leave in two days. We are sooo sad, but we look forward to returning someday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay