All reviews garden studio observation deck airport runway close to the airport low season ocean front st maarten an umbrella small pool a king size bed elena caribbean marys molly melvin island kitchenette
Reviewed 21 June 2016

This spot is fantastic- We had a great room with a king bed steps from the beach- and the beach was incredible. We couldn't say enough about the hospitality and treatment we received- everyone we encountered was just amazing and engaged. We felt like we had been there before and we will definitely put back on our list to return!!!

Date of stay: June 2016
Mark C, General Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

We love to read about guests that had a great time as most of our guests do. We do have a great staff that knows that vacation time is way to short and wants to take good care of you so you have the best time possible. Please come back again and again!

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Decided on a last minute weekend stay in Sint Maarten and had 24 hours to find a place to stay. Found Mary's Boon with the help of TripAdvisor and got a great rate direct with the hotel.

Had to check in around 11pm and was greeted with a great smole at the hotel entrance from Derek the security guard who immediately checked me in, showed me to the room and then demonstrated where everything was and how to use it. What a fantastic first impression!

Derek told me the bar was still open so I rushed down for a nightcap and to have a look. Received a warm welcome, there were a few people watching sport and the bar was open to the sea that was only around 20 feet from it so I got straight into holiday mode.

The hotel is beach rustic. It's an older property with large rooms some are basement type that have little daylight but offer the best rates. I chose a beachfront room on the upper floor, mainly down to the negative reviews from others about the ground floor rooms. Got to be honest that i don't think there is much difference between them and I'd happily take a ground floor next time but will avoid the basement.

The room was large with a vaulted ceiling, super king bed with clean lines and the largest headboard I've ever seen. It had a small kitchen area with fridge and basic cooking facilities. Don't expect to be able to produce fine dining but it's handy as to have as an added feature. The bathroom is very basic. The shower was the only part of the stay that disappointed me. It was a tiled area that felt a bit grubby and the shower head needed to be replaced as it sprayed all over the place rather than gave a more focused shower. It also took a very long time to get the hot water running through but it did always appear. I had no problems with mosquitoes in the room, I kept the windows and door closed though as the AC was very quiet and effective. Outaide the role. I you do need good protection from the buggers. There are big mosquitoes on this island! They are all over the place though and not at all specific to this hotel or area of the island. Just bring good protection with you.

The hotel is directly between the beach and the runway. Please do not let the runway put you off. The beach was spotless and the water clear. I seen a team of volunteers one morning going up the beach to clean it. The beach scores 10 out of 10 for me. There are several wayssun loungers on the beach and they were fine.

My honest opinion is if you want to enjoy a stay on a great beach in a casual, rustic hotel with a local feel and friendly staff that is secure then this is your place. If you're expecting and want the type of stay you'd expect from a Westin, Marriot, Park Plaza, Hilton etc then I'm not certain this is your choice. I normally stay in those hotels but wanted something a bit more local for my first visit. I'd definitely chose Mary's Boon again but will also look at locations in other parts of the island as it's just such a gorgeous place to visit.

Happy to answer any specific questions. Sorry if I've missed anything. The pictures are of the view from my room, up and down the beach, the end of the beach at another bar and some other beaches visited on a day trip that the reception area took time to arrange for me.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Johnlogie
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with family. The rooms are big and comfortable with nice decor. The staff was very helpful and pleasant and the restaurant was great fun with good food. It was really nice to wake up on the beach. I would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2016

We stayed in the ocean view room (205 I believe). It was on the corner and was great. It actually was better equipped than an AirBNB that I stayed in on the island. Had a nice refrigerator, microwave and dishes and glasses.

The sound of the waves while you sleep is amazing! It is so close to the beach. You can essentially just head out of your door and within a few steps you are on a beach. It was great, water was clear, beach was hardly busy at all.

The bar at the hotel was great. We also enjoyed walking up the beach to Karakter to get lunch/dinner and drinks.

It is so close to the airport that the smaller planes will fly right overhead. We really enjoyed that. There are actually a few platforms that you can use to overlook the runway from the hotel.

The pool was nice and warm too. Staff were friendly. Highly recommend paying the extra money and getting ocean view. Great place. Very flexible to our needs too.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Well there is not a lot I can say that I have not said before. This was our 3rd time back in 3 years, and that should tell you something. We have been all over and yes we keep coming back time and time again to Marys. It is just so perfect for us, fit our need in every way.
It was fantastic to meet all the crew again, smiles and hugs from everyone.
If you dont want the same o same o from the big hotels with all the rooms the same and want a beautiful relaxed garden setting with a very warm pool then this has to be the place to go. All the rooms are different but the one we like to have is 116, right at the end. You can sit out and have a glass of wine looking out over the beautiful Caribbean sea. The food is good and well presented. As usual we hated to leave, but one thing you can be sure of, God willing we WILL be back next year.
I really can not praise this place enough, it really is fantastic.

Room tip: Room 116 for us is the best,Ground level, right on the beach, beautiful.
Date of stay: May 2016