All reviews front street nespresso machine cruise ship st maarten board walk ocean view downtown phillipsburg an umbrella simpson bay ships lounge hh beach island port shuts caribbean
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We visited on August 22nd when our cruise ship was in port for the day, and what a wonderful day it turned out to be! It was about a 3 minute walk from where the water taxi drops you off and for only $25.00 you received two loungers, an umbrella, a table, a bucket of 4 drinks (soda, water, beer or a combo of the three), free wi-fi, and bathroom/shower access. The two girls working the beach/bar area (I wish I could remember their names) were so friendly and helpful, even while they worked their butts off in the heat. We ordered lunch off of the restaurant menu, and after hearing me talk to my daughter about splitting the burger, she brought it over cut in half and split between two plates without me even asking. It's the little things! The food was delicious, the service was wonderful, the atmosphere was relaxing and beautiful, and overall, it was an amazing day!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 28 August 2018

The hotel is located in a very busy downtown area so if you have a rental it is just horrible to get there, find a spot to drop our luggage and drive to the parking lot. The hotel is old but has very friendly customer service.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

After being here one year ago before the hurricane what a recovery all the places along here suffered horrendous damage yet the hard work and the working together with the locals have rebuilt and great place to stay and visit, on the beach and sunning views, class and spotless bathrooms (always a bonus) wi-fi probably the best around and food fantastic in the heart off it all not much more can you ask for. If your on the cruise ship visiting for the day your made welcome and worth every penny.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank turtlemanor
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Hotel is very good for work, as location is bang on Front Street.
Simple high quality hotel.
Staff is very good and helpful.
Rooms are very decent (Maybe could put a level divider in shower so water does not go allover the bathroom).

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2018

The room was beautiful, almost everything looks new and in great condition. I traveled with a small child and the hotel was extremely accommodating and provided several items to make our stay more comfortable, and most were actually unrequested. Which brings me to my next point of how friendly the staff was. Absolutely everyone had a friendly and eager to assist demeanour. We arrived quite early and the staff went out of their way to get us into the room before check-in time. The location of the hotel is absolutely unbeatable. It is within walking distance of everything you will need - restaurants, high-end shopping, discount shopping, and not forgetting the view of the beach and the amazing boardwalk right outside the hotels steps with several bars, restaurants and stores. The hotel's restaurants are also very good, especially for breakfast. I cannot wait to return to Holland House.

Room tip: Beach view is the best
Date of stay: July 2018